Compotetition system, reporting unsportsmanship behaviour?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Havner, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Havner

Havner Registered

Is there any system already for reporting such things?
    In todays GT4 race we had a player that since lap1 was sending into corners and pushing all the other cars from the line just to pass them (to a point, he almost landed on a roof in a chicane), caused me to loose few places and when I finally passed him again he intentionally wrecked my car 3 times. First he pushed me to the barrier and kept me the there for 50 meters, then cut the track completely in few places just to send his car directly into mine causing a big crash twice. When I told him I'll report him, he quit the race.

Anyway, I've got a full replay. Haven't seen such a behaviour on a track in my life.

Is there a place in the competition system this can be reported?

atomed likes this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

I hope so, if not this will be full of other sim trolls in no time.

Havner likes this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

Fortunately we live in an age where our game license can be blocked, limited or widrawn. I would like that people could be banned at least temporarily from the comp system.

R.Noctua and atomed like this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

Even the multiplayer.

atomed likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Some will be obvious, but others may have two sides. At Imola, in the first esses I moved right and rubbed another car. We both carried on to the short straight. I held my line because I knew he was on my hip, but that put him half off the track. Rather than tuck in, he began to force his front tire into my rear tire. This took both of us off to the right side wall. I recovered a few car lengths ahead of him and negotiated the 2nd set of turns. As I completed the right hand corner I was torpedoed by the guy. I didn't see it til looking at the replay, he cut the entire right corner, drove thru the grass to broadside me, carrying both of us to the far left wall. I freely admit I made the first move that resulted in contact, but he then became the aggressor....whom do you penalize?

6. Havner

Havner Registered

If your move was incorrect, but not mischievous you penalize the aggressor. Vengeance is forbidden on the track.

EDIT: by penalizing I mean harsh things like DQ or bans. Of course your incorrect move can also be penalized by race control, but those are treated as incidents and you can get a time penalty, drive through or similar. My OP was about vengeance, not incidents.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    davehenrie and atomed like this.
  7. Comante

Comante Registered

I have not seen the episode obviously, but if I'm on the line and for this an opponent is with two tires on the grass... I leave space instead of stand my ground. Often, from the cockpit you can't understand if is you that is going to create a collision or is your opponent, so, to leave any doubt out of the equation, I actively try to avoid to be in that position, even if is cost me a position.

8. atomed

atomed Member

There may be some controversy, but if we watch a replay and it is as OP stated, thereĀ“s bad behaviour, not a race incident.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

A race incident is totally different to a troll in a race.
    The first one sometimes can be really difficult to judge.
    The second one usually is pretty clear and always deserves a DQ or ban.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Remember it's a BETA, these things will no doubt come in time.

lagg and atomed like this.
  11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Post your video using both an overhead view and a swing man view from rear of other car.
    In a battle you are required to leave some racing room. You are not required to leave someone's preferred line. So a dive /lunge/ dive bomb is only illegal if contact is unavoidable or if the attacking car cannot or does not make the corner without leaning on the defending car. An attacker needs significant overlap by the turn-in point (significant is not defined but front axle level with rear axle woukd be a minimum) to be entitled to room. A block pass is legal if the attacker puts the car on a line you would like (or need) for you to keep going fast but keeps control and makes the corner.
    With good video, contact can be readily be judged so long as a clear set of rules are defined.

12. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Competition System will have a Rule of Conduct, a Rule of Racing and surely a punishment system. Of course they are looking at a report system as well, it was stated several times already.

This kind of conduct will lead its author to expulsion for a period of time or definitive if situation justify it I guess, like they do in iRacing after all.

Another very important point will be anticheat system, for the moment there is nothing and I know for sure some ppl are cheating in some leagues so cheat is possible.

Those will be a VERY important points, clearly. Nobody wants to enter a competition full or idiots or cheaters.

13. Havner

Havner Registered

@davidporeilly All true, but what you are describing here are incidents. I didn't want to report incidents. There are too many and it's too early at this point in the competition system to bother with them.

I'm talking about a situation you wouldn't do in real life as it would result in probable death. When you cut the corner to get as much speed as possible, don't brake at the corner *at all* and ram the opponent car directly and cause both cars to literally fly. Clear anger issues. Intentional wrecking.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  14. David O'Reilly

In such a case, if no system exists yet I would still make the video, post it with its own thread naming the driver and requesting his banning.
    Such behaviour cannot be tolerated.

15. Havner

Havner Registered

The easiest for me would be to post the complete replay file. It's just 10MB. You can see everything there from start to finish in whatever angle you want. I just asked about the reporting system as I feel that is the correct way to report such things instead of pointing fingers. But since it seems there is not maybe that's what I should do.

16. David O'Reilly

Maybe that's easiest for you but you are asking much more of the viewer.
    I was on the Appeals Jury in FSR for 3 semesters and we would always use the server replay file, we would load it, find the relevant lap and go through all the angles. If there were any discrepancies we would look at the player replay. Then three members of the panel would discuss it.
    But this is a casual question in a community thread.
    What % of people who would view it on a YT video do you think will take the time to do all that?
    So I stick with my original advice (to post a short video). The person will be named and shamed (if the video shows such poor behaviour and wrecking).
    In any case its a great discussion point and the more that see it the better.

Havner likes this.
  17. Havner

Havner Registered

Depends who is the viewer, if I request action taken then it's S397, so they could probably want the replay. If it's the community, you're right. But this is just for shaming.

18. David O'Reilly

Yes, If someone is such a troll , we all need to know.

19. Havner

Havner Registered

Ok, I will make a video, just need to find something to do it with. Also without the naming plates working in the new UI it's actually hard to show the name of the guy in the video. Maybe I'll load the old UI for that. Will try to figure something out.

EDIT: The lower replay UI shows the name, just remembered. So this is not an issue.

20. David O'Reilly

Sorry didnt realise that you don't have the software yet.
    If you upload and give me a link to your replay file I'll make it.
    I need the lap and corner/s and both names please.