Component "BMW_M8_GTE_2018 1.73" failed to verify, removed from inventory

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by sab01, Sep 30, 2019.

1. sab01

sab01 Registered

Component "BMW_M8_GTE_2018 1.73" failed to verify, removed from inventory

This error message is happening, along with the same for the 650s McLaren. Several cars I paid for do not show up in game. I have tried various logical moves, like un-subscribing from them on steam (it doesn't accept that, next visit they are subscribed to again), and physically deleting them, having steam verify the files, all that crap. These items all show as being installed in the launcher, but don't show in game.
    Summary: Bought GTE pack, GT3 pack (after purchasing the McLaren 650s separately) some time ago, Aston GTE (purchased today) and whatever I bought got me the Oreca 07. All show up in Launcher as installed. Only Porsche GTE and all of GT3 pack except the 650 S show up in game. Missing Aston GTE, BMW M8 GTE, Corvette C7 (GTE?), McLaren 650s and Oreca 07. Error message for BMW and 650s (and was for Oreca as well , but the error msg went away after the above attempts) but not for other missing stuff.
    I have read another thread where someone uninstalled all Steam and rFactor2, deleted their memory from all of civilization, re-installed everything and had success. (will mess with my Assetto too.)
    I am not going to do that. Life is far too short.
    How this needs to work is: Pay for item. Play with item. Be happy.
    I am a long time user and fan of ISI stuff, and have tried to hold on during this painful phase of 397's development, but this is bull. I just purchased Nordschleife (love it!) and expect to use the cars I paid for. Can someone from S397 call Steam and have them flick some switch please?
    Can anyone here help? Much appreciated :)

(I7 12gb radeon win10pro, all items mentioned are in my steam inventory)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019