Complete Newcomer to RF2 - Wheel Help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by tje23, May 4, 2014.

1. tje23

tje23 Registered

Hello!

Firstly, I need to apologise for how stupid I'm probably going to sound. I'm new to RF2, and PC Gaming in general, and so I am really struggling to find a realistic or even manageable setup for my DFGT on the demo.

I've installed the 'Logitech Gaming Software' application and have the settings as below.

View attachment 12593

When I play RF2, the wheel just feels wrong. It turns towards the apex strongly when I apply even the smallest amount of throttle, it's very light, especially at high-speed and gives almost no feel of understeer/oversteer. It also seems to change in weight as the wheel turns, but not as I would expect - it feels almost as if there are 'patches' of weight as it's turned.

I've also noticed I have 2 choices for the wheel to use in game. The 'Logitech DFGT Wheel USB' and 'Logitech DFGT Wheel.ini', or something similar. Could this be part of the issue?

It would be great to have a basic overview of the best settings in the Logitech program as well as how to improve the wheel feeling in game.

Thank You! :)

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I cant help on the wheel set up as I have a different one, But the Demo is now including the Honda Civic? The car has over 300 bhp on the front wheels and has masses of torque steer, so it will feel a bit strange compared to other RWD cars. I am sure someone with a similar wheel will be along soon to help you out. ;)

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Why not just set degrees of rotation to 900 and let the game adjust?

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

try reverse ffb in rf2 settings. so your current x% should be -x%

And nothing stupid about issues with the wheel, we all been there or regularly return to it :)

5. datanode

datanode Registered

Agree with prcsteve, this sounds like the torque steer of the civic in rf2.

Do you have the Vette in the demo as well? If so try that to see if it seems to provide what you feel is correct.

6. tje23

tje23 Registered

Thanks! How do I change this? :)

7. tje23

tje23 Registered

Not sure it's in the new demo, I might be able to find a link for the old one somewhere though! Cheers! :)

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

hello fellow newbie..

I have the same wheel and at the beginning the same feeling..

Firstly set your Logitech profile to 900deg lock then you MUST select/tick 'let game adjust settings'

in game controls menu set the steering degree, to . car adjust.

ive actuallty tried setting this to manual and 420 deg, and seems ok.. But the the steering lock feels wrong for the higher degree cars, and may need to adjust. So the above method Is better to start off so you can understand steering lock in differing cars.

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think the in-game DFGT profile is mine, but actually it is almost identical to the default settings.
    To activate it, dont forget to load the 'Logitech DFGT Wheel USB' profile in the bottom side of the mapping window
    (in Settings--->Controls menu)

In the Logitech panel,

Overall strength 100%
    Spring and damper 0

The other options are ok.

In game, in Controls menu, check Vehicle Set (the button has to be green).

Now, as written by PRC Steve, the Civic is a FWD with over 300 hp ... the feeling in the wheel is different than in the RWD cars and the progressive weakness "of the weight" is because the car, losing grip on the front tires, makes the FFB lighter.

For evidence, run a lap at very slow pace: so doing the car will not lose grip and the weight of the FFB will be constant.

I am not sure to understand

but perhaps it is the balancement of the car

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/honda-civic-ngtc-touring-car/

Also, be sure to set the wheel sensitivity (in Settings---> Controls) to 100, which means a linear behaviour.