Competitor cars stuttering (like lag but not lag)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by David O'Reilly, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

This is per core right? Check these to make sure.
    http://superuser.com/questions/812777/how-can-i-see-how-much-my-cpu-is-being-throttled
    http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/02/04/how-to-check-cpu-throttling-in-windows-10/
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

That's really strange. My way below spec system runs 10 AI cars fine.
    I would also suggest trying a clean profile (rename your current player folder to player.bak and let rF2 recreate it from scratch) and start from there, to rule out any problems there.
    Also check if your laptop is actually constantly plugged in without intermittent breaks, because of a bad cable (also happened to me).

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

CPU usage as reported by other tools is only measuring the average across a slice; the graph (Ctrl-C) in rF2 is showing you how rF2 is using it, and it's very dependent on constant use.

For whatever reason, your CPU isn't being made fully available all the time, or rF2's access to it is being choked. For sure your specs should be fine though.

Agree with trying a completely clean profile, and make sure no plugins are running too.

3. Sergi_racing

Sergi_racing Registered

It seems that lowering the maximum fps allowed to 50 improve the stuttering. I did some tests at Silverstone, Indianapolis and Nordschleife, and only having stuttering problems in the later at the beginning of the lap with all 22 cars together.

If I increase the quality of the graphics settings inside the game, the game stutters.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It seems it's not a CPU issue but a FPS issue. :) (Graphic card)

Press "ctrl-F" : it will display your FPS. If you use Vsync at 60 fps. You'll need to have 60 fps at all time!

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Nvidia and AMD GPU drivers both utilize extra CPU cores to assist with graphics computation, so it could be causing the CPU stutters that way. rF2 itself only uses 2 CPU cores, the activity of all the other cores is driven by GPU driver.

6. Sergi_racing

Sergi_racing Registered

7. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hi, since the last build I was suffering this annoying problem of stuttering. He had tried all possible solutions and none had worked.

Yesterday I decided to return to windows 7 because Windows 10 did not quite convince me, and to my surprise, have disappeared all the stuttering problems.

If it's not a correct solution for everyone, but at least in my case, rF2 working again perfectly.

8. Leandro De Filpo

Leandro De Filpo Registered

Hi, I think this is tbe problem I have, and this could be the answer. But I don.t Know how to reach the parameter.
    Can some help me?
    Thanks in advance!,

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Open the ..\rFactor 2\UserData\player\player.JSON with a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc) and change the parameter

10. Leandro De Filpo

First of all, thanks for the reply.
    I find the folder, but I can't find the SIM PROCESSOR THRESH parameter. Could it be there with another name?

11. Leandro De Filpo

I tried to post the full folder but its too big to be accepted

12. lagg

lagg Registered

It seems that this parameter was deprecated some years ago.
    It's possible that would be more useful to open your own thread explaining your problem.
    This thread is so old that isn't going to have the needed atention.

13. Leandro De Filpo