Competition-System Feedback and Improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stevy, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Finally I was able to take part in a RACE, and I have to say that everything was SMOOTH this time (apart the minute of panic after countdown reached zero and nothing happened), then it suddenly told me "too late" just to start loading the track immediately after.
    Unfortunately the race was stained by a midfield crash at race start, I was able to dodge most of the damage so I was able to race unaffected. Started 13 (didn't make a qualification session at Limerock Park) ended 6 at a photofinish tire by tire with the 7th that was about to eat me.
    I'm really happy about everything, it was 8 year I was waiting for this to come true, can't wait to have much more racing avaiable and much more choice in cars and tracks.

2. instinkt

instinkt Registered

we really can't change car in competition system? and settings like aero package or halo visibility after apply?

3. Comante

Comante Registered

I don't know, never tried , but I'm sure it will be implemented, because it is obvious that different tracks need different kit , and you can always pick the wrong choice ... it happen all the time

4. instinkt

instinkt Registered

yeah I picked 10% halo transparency on Tatuus and it's buggy and distracting as hell
    on practice server I'm using 0 transparency and it's much better
    but this isn't that big deal at all
    but my friend in the other hand goes with standard aero package in GTE which is far worse than Le Mans and he can't change it which is problematic

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Had another fun race at Limeroock Park, I don't know if it is sheer luck, or because the competition system work, but this is the second race where people around me where of comparable skill, I had some close racing, super clean, super gentlemen , unfortunately several drivers DNF but for what I've seen people crashed alone, at race start there was the usual confusion but this time just3 cars going wide (myself among them, I ran the first turn wide to not mess with people inside and grip failed me on cold tires). The remaining time was very good.

6. noikeee

noikeee Registered

So I was looking forward to racing in the GTEs. I have the Endurance 1 pack, the 488, and the Sebring/Nurburg/LeMans track pack.

When I go to register, it says not only I need to buy the new Vette, but I also need to buy the Reiza track pack (?!). I mean I know rF2 forces you to buy every single car that'll take part on the race so I'm not shocked - although I think it's an absolutely terrible "feature" of the game - that you have to buy it the Vette, but I ALSO need to buy Imola and VIR so I can race at Sebring??!! Come on that's just leeching off your users.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

You're right, the competition assume you want to make all of it, so it say you need all the content, even future or past tracks. I think this is going to change because on common server I think this issue has already been addressed. For the cars... who knows.. maybe someday..