Competition-System Feedback and Improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stevy, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Since I didn't find a thread here in the forum purely for feedback, improvements and wishes I thought I do create one.
    A lot of feedback is given via Discord and that's ok and works most of the times, but feedback can also get easily "swallowed" by other messanges or missed entirely.

That's where this thread is aimed for.
    Also to get people a chance that don't use Discord and to help the Devs so they have one thread on the forum where they can see what we users want.

I start with my feedback which I just copy&past from Discord:

- A "week" (so the time a track is driven) should be a week. If we now get more and more people to race (+series) it would be better that these people have at least one day in 7 days time where they can drive the car+track. While I get the "one weekend day at least" idea I think it's to short (but we're in Beta so everything is ok)
    - I like the idea of "choose a car and stick with it". Obviously bad if the (mega) OP car is known before. And perhabs bad in multiclass if someone wants to drive two classes. So perhaps one "fixed" registration per class.

ebeninca, atomed and Remco Majoor like this.
  2. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Hi all. I found some important thing missing in current implementation.

At the moment there are not practice only sessions. Practice sessions are important to take contact whit rivals and understand what times are they doing. There should be almost continuous practice sessions because they are the training element that is needed to generate adherence to the championships and the simulator. They are the key to the success of any rival platform.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Bobby Babaletskos and justposted like this.
  3. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

A major flaw today is the poor and scant information on results. It is difficult to locate one's own score for each one and there is no individual information for each session.

They sure are capable of doing this better.

4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

Today I got a NO SPLIT message (after register and join).
    It would be nice to know if this is a bug or a feature (I race 11h race and failed to join 16h one).

Esplomer38 and John Cheall like this.
  5. John Cheall

John Cheall Registered

I was pleased to finish 6th in the 9pm GMT Zandvoort race on Tuesday, using the new competition system. Unfortunately I’ve not been awarded any points. Why is this? Is there anywhere I can read about the points system and other details of this competition? Then just now I was signed up for the 4pm race and after the clock countdown nothing more happened. I got the message that I hadn't been assigned to a split. Very disappointing after posting a new PB in qualifying. Any Studio-397 staff reading this feedback?

Esplomer38 likes this.
  6. Esplomer38

Esplomer38 Registered

This is very strange, I registered for the race in advance and was waiting for 15 mins to get started. I clicked join and it said I wasn't assigned to any splits, hence I couldn't race. Could it be cause a lot of people joined? This is quite frustraiting as it's up to the system to let you join the race, which is a waste of time to join this competition unless they fix this.
    Cheers,
    Esplomer

ebeninca and John Cheall like this.
  7. John Cheall

John Cheall Registered

Same here Joaquim, raced at 11am then wasn't assigned a split for the 4pm race. Poor show.

Esplomer38 likes this.
  8. Joaquim Pereira

I made the 15h30 qualify session, got almost a full second of my best time, but still no plit - I guess I not virtuous enough :D.

John, to our happiness, remains the memory of our morning race - top notch!
    I hope the system works to get together drivers in the same skill level - that's a plus (and the main reason I prefer to race AI).
    I guess the competition system can change that!

John Cheall likes this.
  9. Florian Bosson

Florian Bosson Registered

Same problem here ; joined the quali, then the race, but i couldn't join the race at all.. Sad.

ebeninca and John Cheall like this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe there was a problem or they were working on it, remember that this phase of competition system is purely to collect real data ( not generated by IA races) to instruct the algorithm and to further develop the competition system itself. What we do now will be scratched and restarted from 0 when the real competition system will kick in.

atomed likes this.
  11. Comante

Comante Registered

Expecting problem is part of it, it is unfortunate to wait so long and then not be able to race , hopefully this will change soon.

12. Joaquim Pereira

I was about to break every possible records, but now I'll stay in oblivion... :D
    To be honest, is a beta phase. As long as they solve it out, it's ok for me. I had some LED lamps to change in my WC, so I took the break.;)

13. Nick Saito

Nick Saito Registered

feedback for the new competition system.

Please add a race at 11 EST.
    Please drop us into a practice session right away so we don't have to sit there waiting
    After the race is complete show a results page.
    Make it easier to find yourself in the standings, i have no idea where i am.
    Make each race event 1 week

One thing that also happened to me was, i exited without completing the signup process with email, but it still things i completed it and i can race and everything. But I fear i didn't do the signup properly so it may not be tracking me. Need a way to verify our signup information again.

Also, i love the new competition system, rfactor2 is such a great game!

New UI rocks!

Two suggestions for UI
    Keep the last view style the person selected (for me that is always the list view)
    I would live it if the Race tab was the first in the list, when i load the game, that's where i want to be.

14. Mark Edmundson

Mark Edmundson Registered

For competition races can it be specified that forced cockpit is on as I entered my first tatuus comp race after practicing in tcam (as my screen is small and far away) and was surprised to be stuck in cockpit and i ended up not having much spatial awareness and may have caused a big crash. If it is specified somewhere I didn't see it then my bad.

John Cheall likes this.
  15. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Display blue flags without penalties so that you can unlap yourself if you had to pit to repair damage
    Rolling starts for the GTE cars to avoid the carnage caused by the Porsche being unable to get off the line
    Fixed aero package for obvious reasons
    Longer warmup session to allow time to assess the track condition.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You are lucky I'm not in my Cockpit Nazi mood right now. :) Items like that should be included for users who ARE more comfortable with different views. I've seen some users hack the cockpit so that your eyeballs are about 3 feet in front of your body. There is always something with these options.

Mark Edmundson likes this.
  17. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I really hope they enforce cockpit view all the time. Just my point of view but after all, aren't we simulating real races ? how often do you see pilots on the roof ?

18. Esplomer38

Esplomer38 Registered

Today I participated in the TATUUS race at 17:00 p.m., it was quite disappointing. Most of the participants didn't respect the racing principles of resepcting each others space when racing. Starting from the beginning, most people were behaving as if this was a smashing derby instead of a professional race. Even during previous races I witnessed these behaviours, not as aggressive as today's race for some reason.

This is getting out of hand and the organisation should take action to ensure this doesn't happen. If they don't remedy this nonsense and cuts these attitudes, there is little future for this new online competition system.

Cheers,
    Esplomer.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  19. Comante

Comante Registered

Well, for Many people it can be their first experience online , out of league racing

Mark Edmundson likes this.
  20. Mark Edmundson

Mark Edmundson Registered

when they are in simracing and have a small screen far away and still want to be able to see things and not have 70% of the screen taken up by the inside of the car :)