Competition Races Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Francesco Cherubini, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Francesco Cherubini

Francesco Cherubini Registered

So today the competition system marks its debut so I wanted to ask some questions that hopefully will be answered...
    1) 2 series are scheduled but at the actual moment, there is only one displayed (Tatuus). Can someone give us an idea about the other (cars and schedule)
    2)If I open the competition page, I see 2 different sessions: one is Q, the other is R. So how does it work? Do we need to qualify right before the race session or a qualifying session is already included in the R?
    3) What is the Race lenght? I could not find it anywhere...
    4) Is the current schedule that alternates a race every 5 hours definitive? I mean that does't give a full scheduled afternoon. I know that there's going to be a series added but still it doesn't look that much.
    5) Merry Christmas

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not sure, I signed up, found a Portland Winter Series Tatuus in the multiplayer and joined a practice and 10 lap race prior to the scheduled time. Exited back to the comp menu, It said to register but then I got an Error 300. But when i looked again there was a JOIN button and a countdown timer. I joined and it said it would automatically connect when the timer reached, zero. At zero nothing happened, after about a minute a TOO LATE message appeared and there was no option to join the session. This will take some practice to figure out.
    As far as schedules, it may be users or leagues can post events some time in the future.

babu76 likes this.
  3. Michele Esposito

Michele Esposito Registered

What looks strange to me is that it seems that there are more races than qualy.

4. babu76

babu76 Registered

The same for me..

5. Comante

Comante Registered

I had the same experience, I guess they are working behind the curtains to make it work on the public.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

After posting above, went back and there was a join button again for Q. Got in but the session was near the end and my car wasn't allowed out. I think we got booted back to the green comp screen and then the join button for the race appeared. Got there, 20 min race which was shown on the green screen(thankyou who-ever did that) Ran the race 16 drivers about 8 finished on the lead lap(me!) a few more a lap down then about a half dozen wrecks or disco's. Mostly clean for me, I missed the turn in once at the end of the back stretch and lost it into the grass. But other than that, for me, with VERY LITTLE recent online experience, it went well. Some kinks to work out but enjoyable.

7. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Same thing with me, I was registered for Botniaring, then a timer went off for qualification, then nothing happened and it said To Late. After that I suddenly came to the Portland track and was able to start and finish a qualification there (but I kept seeing yellow placeholder cars there). After that I was back in the start screen and had to wait for the timer to start the race (that would be nicer if you stayed in the session altogether). Then the race started and the car in front of me started well before the lights (I thought ok with the introductory lap) and I also started but unfortunately it was a false start....but apart from that I've already had a lot of fun, if it works properly it will be really good!

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yellow cars are custom skinned cars, they won't load until you are back in the pits. This prevents that tiny hiccup each time a new car joined that was oh so common up til rF1 and GTR2.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  9. Christian Wolter

Yes i know, but this is an immersion Killer......
    Despite all the small errors, it all ran very stably

davehenrie likes this.
  10. Christian Wolter

So today (Portland 12:00) it ran much better, was a lot of fun. The only thing that is noticeable is that it takes too long between pressing the register button and the confirmation that it has worked (you then think something has not worked). The only thing that was bad today was me, I missed the braking point of the first corner and caused an accident. I'm sorry for everyone I hit....

ir Sindaco and Pauli Partanen like this.
  11. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

It applies to any car who enters the session while you on track, standard or custom skin. These car will update once you return to pit.

The length of the race seems to in the name "R5 - 20M - Portland", 20 minutes but one could hope for an more informative display later on. Session join/enter was very fuzzy behavior, the join button disappear but could the join from another page after a while.

Also, possibility to change the tuning of selected car would be nice, this halo bar at 0% completely block the car in front and could not select the 10% option when joined the event.