Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I never drove in this fov, just recorded it from replay like it :)

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Very refreshing bb, like it a lot!

The low fov is really cool, less sense of speed but the way it exaggerates the bumps, elevation changes, yaw of the car, the severity of corners(stretches them out instead of squishing them in like high fov) and gives such a great sense of bumper to bumper racing makes for great viewing in HD full screen on my monitor and probably for most other people compared to what they're used to seeing on their size of monitor at the distance they are from it. I race with realistic fov which for me is the only way to go even though I lose some sense of speed and can't see to the side as much as if I used a high unrealistic fov, i'd rather see what I would see in real life. It's a nice change from the norm of the usual high fov videos(that a lot of people drive with too) that make it feel quick by squeezing in front of you what would be rushing by you to your side(also let's you see more to the side when racing others close quarters), but numbs all else. Should show people some of what they can have if they consider lowering their mega fov! High(unrealistic) fov for racing is really not for me, takes too much immersion away I feel, no wonder some people think some tracks are flat :p

Something to add though is if you are racing on a 60hz monitor a high fov is probably better to reduce the amount of yaw through turns compared to what you would see and have to follow with that many frames a second. I guess it's easier on the eyes when you are focused looking through a corner. I definitely noticed it being much easier on the eyes looking through turns with lightboost, 120hz and 120fps with a realistic fov. Anyone any thoughts on that or any similar experiences? My previous 60hz monitor made it feel like I was looking at 3 images at once when I was looking to where I was going through high yaw rate corners, very distracting. Being more sensitive to the amount the car is turning is to me much more valuable than being more sensitive to the speed i'm going, especially when it comes to pushing the limit and breaking traction..or preferably managing not to! Pros and cons to whatever you choose to run, you compromise on something, except those who run triples or OR, they can have their cake and eat it :D

4. Dreamqa

Dreamqa Registered

Hi all! Highlights from Sunday's season Just-Racing.ru Nissan GTR race.

5. thijmennabuurs

thijmennabuurs Registered

The first race of my career in the clio!

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Excuse my bad driving. I used the high DF package and just reduced fuel from default setup.

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Some more Formula Renault

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

And some more Formula Renault, a race this time.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^Much better driving than me in that car.

How did you persuade the AI not to use DRS (in fact the DRS Light on your wheel is neither orange nor green either...)?

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

hi,
    I thought they where using it but only when 1 sec behind another car as that the only rules they know at the minute, f1 drs rules, they could only use it down the start finish straight also. I was using it too when possible, but i know what you mean though, its hard to tell the difference in the light colour, especially when colour blind like me.

11. Jamie Shorting

Good info.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes, my mistake was thinking they had "no rules" when in fact they use F1 rules...

Edit: Finally had time to watch the whole vid. Cool to see mechanical failures.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

14. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

rFactor 2 [HD++] ★ NEW Formula Renault 3.5 2014 spec @ Spa Francorchamps

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

So, er, I suck at sticking the apexes, but here's a lap:

16. tjc

tjc Registered

17. Jamie Shorting

I'll take one. :D

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Very nice, looks good Tim. Heres what Tim said on facebook for those who missed "Hopefully we just built the final version, for final, final testing.

I'm not doing a good job of hitting the apexes, etc, but here is a lap video of the new Indy Roadcourse to watch. It'll be yours very soon!"

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Oook. Here are vids of all four layouts available with the track, so you can learn what we're calling them and what they look like. These are obviously for the profile page and downloads page. A trailer will be produced next week.

2007 Layout (This is the GP course that used T1 of the oval)

2013 Layout (this is the GP course as it was when we first surveyed)

2014 Layout (this is the new GP of Indy layout - and I am driving the IndyCar in this video)

Indy 500 Oval

With most of these vids, it's default setup and I ran just a few laps behind the AI to try to learn, then I accelerated the race a bit to get some rubber (CTRL and X) then just ran the lap. I did have to lift on the oval in the turns to make it around them, AI seemed to be having to do this as well. But anyway, they're lap videos, if you're a roadcourse racer, you have some turns to try to memorize. They are surprisingly fun to drive... Maybe it's just me. :)