Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

can u pls tell what are you using as display device? is that a projector? how much does a display setup like this cost? Thanks

2. Giuseppe Toscano

Giuseppe Toscano Registered

TV Samsung 52" 1980 x1080p 350€

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Skip Barber Regional a hillclimb beast? Absolutely! :p

Oh and T70 not bad either :p

WIP CONVERSIONS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF RF2 GRAPHIC CAPABILITIES

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorru, but how can you drive with all these thing in the screen?!

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

End of a race with AI. Civics at Croft with Head Tracking. FOV @ about 27. Unfortunately I had Fraps set to record half size, then Youtube downscaled it to 480p :( Ah 480p, we meet again. :)

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Most of the time I don't but doesn't bother me a bit when I do for testing. I guess I'm just gifted that way :p

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I really hope ISI add in some sort of mouse smoothing. Using your mouse to manually move the cam still looks absolutely terrible, just awful. A jittery mess.

The only thing that helps from my recollection is to hold down the "slow" button while moving the mouse, but I don't want to move the cam slowly, I just want to move it smoothly. I love using the manually selected & controlled trackside/TV cams during live play (while I'm not out on track myself obviously, lol) and in replays. It just looks like a jittery and stuttery mess ATM, you basically can only see once you stop moving the mouse.

ISI seriously need to implement some sort of mouse smoothing approximation thing that tons of games use. Even at 120 fps / 120 hz it still looks terrible. It has nothing to do with monitor refresh rate or game fps. I think it's just to do with taking in a raw mouse input rather than some sort of mouse smoothing. (I think mouse smoothing usually works by averaging out the mouse inputs in combination with ignoring/"throwing out" certain Inputs at a certain rate so that the movement feels/looks buttery smooth).

I'm sure movie maker guys like BSNismo / FONismo (same guy?) would really appreciate this for movie making too.
    Giuse, the vette there seems very darty and very eager to turn into the corner with you barely having to give it any steering lock to get it turned into the corner. I'm not sure if you like it like that, or if you're having to run the car like that in order to compensate for another handling issue, or what, but in case you don't like it then you should maybe try easing up on the toe-out if you're running a lot. Just a suggestion.

Nice vid :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  8. cubbi

cubbi Registered

I agree, mouse smoothing would be a much appreciated feature!

Here is a short trailer I have come up with:

I think the ISI engines really works wonders when it comes to day/night transitions and a low standing sun
    However I don't like a normal bright day so much, some colors of the grass and trees seem to be too bright/neon-like (if you look at the Corvette video; awesome setup btw :D)
    But this might also be due to track creators using wrong settings for the textures

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It's nice, but those trees are receiving too much light at night time, they are overbright, it's like each tree has it's own street light near it.

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I guess ISI has placed one light source there (with bigger radius) rather than multiple smaller light sources. That's why looking at it you don't get the impression of night lighting (created by multiple lightbulbs), but a general area light, which doesn't feel right.

ISI is still using classic lighting approach, which limits number of light sources and freedom of placement. Deferred shading or dynamic lightmaps would help, but I don't think ISI will do it anytime soon - they have other things to wrap up first.

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thanks for explanation K-Man :)

13. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

Megane Trophy V6 WSGT2 @ Estoril Portugal

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

rfactor2 clouds vs Assetto Corsa clouds!

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

When looking at the AC half i had to laugh, Teletubbies had better clouds

16. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I'm not impressed with both of the sides..

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me rfacto2 has more immersive and realistic atmospherd than AC!

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Real generated dynamic clouds, not to mention them being part of a much bigger full-on connected and dynamic weather system, VS a picture of a cloud that slides/scrolls across the sky like somebody sliding a peice of paper with clouds drawn on it above your head. Yet people still praise AC's just because it looks fancier....

Man, I think I'm living in a world full of more and more retards everyday.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  19. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Holy crap that was funny. I lol'd at the retard comment don't know why but I did probably because I feel the same way. And that was before I watched the video and I almost wet my pants when i saw what you were describing about AC's clouds...

20. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

rFactor 2 Mod Megane Trophy V6 @ Mid Ohio
    Build 590
    WSGT2