Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

didn't even hit my head lol

2. Iker Doral

Iker Doral Registered

I thought we would have an official ISI shifter kart.
    Hope we'll get it.
    But meanwhile we can test with a good base!!!

Thx ISI!!

3. Hugo Gonçalves

Hugo Gonçalves Registered

4. Swir80PL

Swir80PL Registered

Karts are really great! Much better that Game Stock Car and probably better than Kart Racing PRO (didn't play it for a while).

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

A Few laps around Laguna Sec in the civics

7. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Kart F1 @ Quebec SuperKart Medium (42.698)

Kart F1 @ Quebec SuperKart Long (45.480)

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Viso is that the FOV you use when you play too, or do you change it for your videos?

9. ViSo

ViSo Registered

my FOVs are:
    70-FOV for video recording
    50-FOV for playing

In my opinion low FOV is not visually good for videos, for that reason Im using higher FOV just for recording. with my actual monitor (27") Im using that 50-FOV, and with my old monitor (22") I was using 40-FOV. Im +-60cm from my monitor.

10. Giuseppe Toscano

Giuseppe Toscano Registered

11. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You should use a FOV much lower, single screen aim for 25 - 35. The karts will feel much more intense :) , but more difficult as well. 50 feels like a video game, 25 or 30 will make you feel like you are actually sitting in a kart :) . I use 25 degrees, 24" size, 70 cm away. Trust me once you get used to it you will love it even more :). Much more immersive and realistic :)

If you're referring to Giuseppe's video, ya that's pretty bad man. Giuse, are you using VSync, a television, or god forbid, both?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  13. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Last night I had this unexpected battle with the AI on the Nordschleife. The AI was overly aggressive imo, though it's set to only 60 or 65% aggression. Skill is set to 105%
    It kinda made me sweat which is unusual when I'm driving the Nordschleife. Then again, I usually drive there alone. :)

14. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

How!! How did you get the track cameras to work? What version of Suzuka is this?

15. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I never liked ultralow fovs, I prefer my actual fov, 50 feels like a videogame because IS a videogame :)

Enviado desde mi Note 3 con tapatalk

16. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

If you use a realistic FOV for one 24" monitor... you will not see anything dude. I use 40 for a 24" monitor because if I go lower (I would like to have 3 monitors and use around 22-25) can not even see corner apexes.

You get better distance perception with low FOVs but as said, It's useless if you lose so much track and environment vision. Even with 40 I can not see anything in side by side battles, I have a huge vision death zone and I can maintain close battles, but just hearing and imagining the car is next to me. Less vision would be sure death.

Look this video, is the FOV I use... I start race almost blinded with 40" FOV, I'm experienced and I know to avoid crashes and fight with no contacts (0:28 to 0:40) but still being so low vision, at least 40 is enough for me:

It's not practical for online racing if you do not have enough monitors to cover all your front vision.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You can use the bridge in one of the layouts?????

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I agree, online the low FOV with only 1 monitor would be extremely difficult to see others around you. Not practical and it could be virtual suicide :). I forgot to mention I have triple screens.

On the other hand the karts are more difficult (in a real way), and feel more rough (in a real way) with a lower FOV. I just tried driving them with 50 FOV instead of 25, 50 FOV felt so much easier. It makes it so much easier because it is less rough and also because you can line up all your racing lines so much better because you can see so much more in such a small space, and this really helps when you are racing such fast karts on such a tight twisty small track. I would not call such an unrealistically high FOV cheating, of course not, but it is definitely an advantage, at least when it comes to the kart + small/tight track combination.

19. Rik

Rik Registered

20. lazaro1717

lazaro1717 Registered

43.5 with the Kart in Quebec