Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That poor lola looks like a miniture car compared with the car behind :D

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

If the game did it its unedited.

4. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

SPASKIS, I can't see how custom HDR is different from custom skins/textures/models/ini-edits? Everything is supposed to be customized in rF2...

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Edited and Unedited screenshots in my mind means that unedited ones are taken from real time rendered in game screenshot, where edited are edited after taking the screenshot in differend applicantion than rf2, so i personally see nothing wrong with custom HDR.

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Of course that's correct.

Edited it's something POST-processed outside the game engine (and/or passing through a third party .dll), applied to a game output raster screenshot, as a filter in PS, for example.

Changing a HDR profile it's just editing that profile, not the screenshot. :)

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Are you pointing on SweetFX for example?

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

So for example Gran Turismo's screenshots in the rendering tool can be considered unedited?
    Come on!! today the editing is done ingame. HDR is kind of an internal editing. One just needs to have played with it a little bit with it to realize how can it change the image to best fit a determined scene. For sure you can do many other much more powerful things with Photoshop.

With respect to system requirements. When I bought my PC which was shortly after rF2 was released (I purchased it the first day) and it fulfilled recommended system requirements. Not just minimum. My laptop is now 2 and half years ago (the model might be three years old. I guess the smart guy that posted about it only buys brand new stuff). The slow development of rF2 has turned it old. It costed me 1000€. So, I guess I have my rights to criticize this thread because IMO is misleading about real graphical performance of rF2. I wonder what would happen if I had minimum requirements... 640x480 at low settings to have a playable framerate?

enviado mediante tapatalk

9. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Are you comparing GT photo mode with realtime HDR rendering in rF2? you can get in rF2 visuals you want in realtime while playing, but of course screenshots will look better, when I do an screenshot I try to find the best position for better shots just like in real life. And It's not even needed customized HDR to get better visuals, not now with Automated option. GT5 photo mode was just like cinematics, not ingame racing... was an scenario with no fps limitations, just one shot rendering... if you are comparing a screenshot with a render, you are wrong.

PS: recommended hardware It's not to play full graphics, It's just the hardwre you need to play confortable.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

if you are running on a steam powered pc then you produce crappy screenshots. on a high end pc, great screenshots.
    the fact that crappy screenshots hardly are posted doesn't say anything about high end screenshots. people simply don't post their pixelated shots.
    Your current sytem has little to do with what other users currently can produce.

With your arguments any shot taken under a good camera angle and with good lighting would also be editing.
    heck, buying a new pc would be editing as well?

And sure some peeps will go the extra mile to make it look better, certain time of day, beef up gfx just for screenshots etc, but its still about what rf2 can produce. not about what rf2 cannot produce.

And i'm pretty sure Gran Turismo's photo tools are designed to push more power into gfx at that moment and less into the game engine. in a closed system where they call the shots from a to z. pretty different it reckon.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess everybody is fine with these unedited shots.

BTW, GT5 didn't need HDR modifications to look how it did at 1080p and 60fps .... how many years ago? I remember buying PS3 in 2007. That's an old machine!!! By the way, who is making the screenshots in real motion and who is pressing pause?
    Has anybody realized about the difference? In my PC after pressing pause it always looks better. Where is the difference
    With GT5. I'll tell you GT5 has nice photography options for nice pictures. It does not pretend to fake anybody. It is just an option. These unedited word is trying to show what it could be but generally isn't. BTW the PS3 costed me 600 euros but now is about 300 euros.

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I press f12 in real motion. And tbh i don't see much difference in real motion or paused, but my guess is that it has to do with the system rF2 is running on

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

No. HDR editing and photo mode are not the same thing. Photo mode can call for different XLODs models, different visual effects, different renderings etc....We're not using any photo mode and HDR profiling it's in there since early builds. We were also releasing multiple profiles in the past, for sun and overcast, as for the default one - using a group of standard values. It's clear you can't call edited how a track looks just because it's using a different HDR profile. It is a feature, without using any different pipeline/rendering to process the graphics and since the pipeline used it's the same there is not any post-editing, but different real time post-processing, thanks to a series of different HDR values.

In any processing environment, a post editing it's a task applied outside the source, as a picture taken with a Reflex and then edited in PS, or a video sequence passing a VFX chain, outside the video camera. Since you're just changing parameters in camera you're not editing the picture, just managing available parameters TO MAKE that picture. The same in a real time render engine.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Forget my comments. No one seems to appreciate them so I will not lose our valuable time.

15. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

If someone is going to ask if it will look like this while driving you can answer as following:
    rf2: Yeah, just use this hdr profile and if your hardware is capable of doing it it will look like this while driving.
    gt: No, this screenshot was done in the rendering tool, it won't look like this while driving.

I think the point of "unedited" means, that you can reproduce it while driving/ingame.

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No matter if fps sucks when driving as long as the image quality is there, right?

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

HDR is ingame editing like texture filtering is ingame editing... AA is ingame editing... where are you going to draw the line?

These are realtime shots, no outside-of-game (or outside-of-realtime, because rf2 doesn't provide that) post processing going on. If you want to separate and organise them by FPS you've got a big job in front of you, because first you need to decide what hardware is 'normal'.

If a track provides many many objects in full detail, it'll look great in screenshots but you might struggle to play it that way with decent FPS. It's still a screenshot showing how the game looks.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would draw the line in the settings used to have consistent 60fps for recommended Hardware Requirements. Having nicer graphics that cannot be supported while driving or requiring titan to run is useless.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Better start your own screenshots thread then. No such requirements in this one :)

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No it is not. Please refer to me where can I find the recommended requirements for laptops or where does ISI prevent from using laptops when running their product.

For your information there are specialized gaming laptops that work very well with other gaming software.

Because of the use I give to my PC a laptop fits much better and I will not buy a dedicated PC expending another 600 euros for sim racing. I prefer to spend up to 1500 euros in a laptop with equivalent performance which I can also use for other purposes as track building, league management, .... The reason I bought my crappy 1000 euro laptop is because it fulfilled the recommended settings that were specified when I purchased rF2.