Collision model - Game breaker - however no priority?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTrFreak, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

its 100% a mod bug and NOT a game bug...the damage model isnt from formula masters

2. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

its possible to turn off damage? or do transparent collisions? how many races are ridiculous cuz cars jamping like rabbit after tires contact..

3. Johannes Kunkel

Johannes Kunkel Registered

You can make all cars transparent by changing this line in the Multiplayer.ini on the server to 0 "Collision Fade Thresh="0.70000""
    I haven´t tested it myself yet though.

4. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

and is it possible to make transparent only tires?

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I just wanted bump this thread because collision is STILL and REALLY a game breaker... Personally I'm tired of cars flying as rockets around the circuits, it totally destroys the experience. How it would be good if the real game breaker feature was focused with some priority! :(

6. coops

coops Banned

yes it does need to be moved up the priority list especially when some1 hits you and you get the drive thru. hope to see more improvements soon.

7. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I wonder how many people have got hurt in a motion sim after a rf2 beta test flight lol. The funny thing is some collisions with some tyre walls are fine and seem to absorb some impact but others including tyre to tyre contact propel both vehicles as if a small nuclear bomb went off at impact. I'm sure this is something that will get fixed as it is a pretty big bug currently and letting down the simulation quite a bit with ridiculous impact results. I think there just needs to bemuch more impact absorbed by the cars as they almost seem like they are made of rubber rebounding off walls at the same speed as they hit them, when in reality most impact is absorbed and never is 100% of the force absorbed and rebounded as it can do currently.

8. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Agreed move it up the priority list please ISI. to lower the impact and bounce of the walls and guard rails i have turned down the collision number and friction number in the TDF seemed to help impacts with walls but not the car collision obviously

9. frankwer

frankwer Registered

It seems like the game engine have better collision model in the latest build, but it seems its dependent that the cars get an update aswell. The Skip Barber seems to have much better collision model at LRP, it felt more heavy and direct when touching other cars and no more flipping over at kerbs. I guess it`s also dependent on the quality of the server.