Cockpit problem...

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by 2slow4u, Feb 8, 2017.

1. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

I'm trying to convert a rfactor 1 car to rF2.
    Among the many difficulties I am encountering, there is that of the car body that is visible in the cockpit view.
    Infact, i can see the roof and the pillars of the car body (which is less high) to penetrate the roof of the cockpit.
    I tried to see how it's made the ISI Kodi (which also uses an old style cockpit).
    Even in the Kodi, the body of the roof is more lower than the roof of the cockpit, but in incar view, the car body is not visible at all, I can see only the cockpit geometry!
    I looked at the contents of the .gen files of the Kody to see if special measures had been taken, but I found none.
    What is the trick?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There are sometimes different mesh that is seen just when in cockpit view, and those seen when viewing from external cameras. Their positions may differ. There may be no need to have both with the power of today's computers. I think everything under the "COCKPIT" heading in the gen files is what is seen from cockpit view.

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Make sure the material isn't set to 2 sided

4. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

WCCARBODY?, nope, single side...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF1 uses separate cockpit gmts doesn't it? rF2 doesn't have a separate one. So rF1 probably implies some exclusions that aren't apparent in the files.

6. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

ISI Kodi uses separate cockpit as in rF1

[​IMG]

As you can see, the cockpit doesn't match the carbody, in cockpit view you should see even the two uprights (those of the cockpit and those of the carbody), in reality, as in Rf1, in rF2 the display is correct.
    In my car on the other hand, I see both cockpits, that of carbody.gmt and that of cockpit.gmt.
    [​IMG]
    Why?

7. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

What objects do you have in Instance=Body_in? One of then will be your issue for sure.

Is the car body interior a separate object or attached to the main body?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  8. dylbie

dylbie Registered

This is a common problem I've encountered with some rF1 conversions.

You'll need to split the interior from the exterior in the 'carbody' GMT. Create a separate GMT for the interior, and then mess with LODs to make it work. It's time consuming, and quite tricky, but it can be done with 3DSimEd.

You basically want the 'cockpit' GMT LOD at 0.00 to 5.00, then 'interior' GMT LOD at 5.00 upwards depending on if you have LODA, LODB etc.

2slow4u likes this.
  9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

2slow4u likes this.
  10. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

KODI .gen:

Instance=SLOT<ID>
    {
    Moveable=True
    //------------------------------------MAX CAR SETTINGS---------------------------------------------
    <MAX> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_max.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(20.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_hi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(20.0) LODOut=(40.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_med.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(40.0) LODOut=(200.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_low.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(200.0) LODOut=(1100.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    //------------------------------------HIGH CAR SETTINGS--------------------------------------------
    <HIGH> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_max.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_hi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(10.0) LODOut=(20.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_med.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(20.0) LODOut=(90.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_low.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(90.0) LODOut=(1000.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    //------------------------------------MED CAR SETTINGS---------------------------------------------
    <MED> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_max.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MED> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_hi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(5.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MED> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_med.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(10.0) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MED> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_low.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(1000.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    //------------------------------------LOW CAR SETTINGS---------------------------------------------
    <LOW> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_max.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(4.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <LOW> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_hi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(4.0) LODOut=(8.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <LOW> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_med.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(8.0) LODOut=(25.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <LOW> MeshFile=ZR_carbody_low.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(25.0) LODOut=(800.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    //------------------------------------SHADOW AND COLLISION OBJECTS---------------------------------
    MeshFile=SC2014_undershadows.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False AmbientObject=(True,Texture)
    MeshFile=ZR_collbody.gmt Render=False CollTarget=True HATTarget=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(200)

Actor=VEHICLE

Instance=COCKPIT
    {
    Moveable=True
    MeshFile=ZRZ_cockpit01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=<COCKPITWINDOWS> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0)
    MeshFile=ZR_MrDS_CP.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=ZR_MrPS_CP.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=ZR_MRrv_CP.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    }

"My" car .gen:

Instance=SLOT<ID>
    {
    Moveable=True
    MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_COLLISION.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(0.0)

<LOW> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(30.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <LOW> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(30.0) LODOut=(400.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

<MED> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(40.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MED> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(40.0) LODOut=(500.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

<HIGH> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_b.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(50.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(50.0) LODOut=(600.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

<MAX> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_A.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(60.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    <MAX> MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_STYLE<2>_c.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(60.0) LODOut=(700.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)

Actor=VEHICLE

Instance=COCKPIT
    {
    Moveable=True
    MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_COCKPIT_A<3>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    //MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_CHASSIS_COCKPIT.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_COCKPIT_WINDOW_STYLE1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    MeshFile=LOTUS_ELITE_LCDTIMER.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)
    }

11. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

ISI Kodi ZR is done in the rF1 way and works, mine not.