cmd script toggle ISI tools between rF1 and rF2

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by mianiak, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Make sure you read the read me, its a bit tricky to install and you need to do some manual renaming, but once it's setup, it's just a few clicks to swap between the 2

Download Link

------------------------------------
    Setup

Install the correct ISI tools for your 3dmax version. *It doesn't matter if you install rf1 or rf2 tools, the script will switch them correctly when executed.

Place rf1torf2ISImaxtoolstoggle.cmd into your 3d Max root directory and if you desire, right click and create a shortcut on your desktop.

Some manual interaction is needed here and it is very important you get this right.

Create a new folder in your 3ds max root folder called 'isitools'
    *Set up rF1 tools
    Copy rFactor1 CoreShaders.mas into 'isitools' and rename it to Coreshaders.mas.rf1
    Copy rFactor1 Converter.dlu into 'isitools' and rename it to Converter.dlu.rf1
    Copy rFactor1 Material.dlt into 'isitools' and rename it to Material.dlt.rf1
    Copy rFactor1 Texture.dlt into 'isitools' and rename it to Texture.dlt.rf1

*Set up rF2 tools
    Copy rFactor2 CoreShaders.mas into 'isitools' and rename it to Coreshaders.mas.rf2
    Copy rFactor2 Converter.dlu into 'isitools' and rename it to Converter.dlu.rf2
    Copy rFactor2 Material.dlt into 'isitools' and rename it to Material.dlt.rf2
    Copy rFactor2 Texture.dlt into 'isitools' and rename it to Texture.dlt.rf2

Run the script,
    It will check that you have installed the isi plugins, then it will check if you have set up the isitools folder correctly.
    If all is ok it will then ask you if you want to toggle to rFactor or rFactor2 tools.
    After your choice is made it will delete the current installed tools and copy over the desired tools from the isitools folder. renaming them removing the rf1/rf2 extention off the end.
    ----------------------------------

Download Link

*Remember that rF2 is currently in beta and any of these files can change. Every time you update your rF2 client, make sure to check for any changes. google HashMyFiles, then you can get md5 hash with ease and check to make sure you always have the most current files.

2. dv8r

dv8r Registered

+1 thanks

3. philrob

philrob Registered

mianiak
    many thanks for this script, working fine here, and sure to be great help in the learning curve ahead.

regards
    phil

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

yw guys. Glad it is being of good use. Just be careful you don't leave rf1 plugins active and edit your rf2 project then save it :eek:

5. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Thx ISI

6. Hompe

Hompe Registered

Very good! thanks

7. kuato

kuato Registered

Simple and effective. Thank you for sharing!

8. copa

copa Registered

to start the script gives me a missing coreshader.rf1

9. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Did you go through the setup process and create the file's and folders properly?
    I know its not a simple click and run, but this is the only way I could make it work without confusion. The plugins could change during the beta which would throw things out, otherwise I would have included them all together. Maybe after release I will re make it and include all the plugins and coreshaders in the package. But for now, the manual set up is the easiest way to make it work properly.

10. copa

copa Registered

was creating the file, the folder was also not

11. machine

machine Registered

OK. Got this working, but coreshaders.mas for rFactor1 needs to be unpacked and placed in hardwareshaders directory. (same folder it is setup in with cmd script toggle)

Now does coreshaders.mas for rF2 need to be unpacked in there also?
    do rf1 coreshader files need to be deleted when running in rf2 mode?

Whats the story?

The way I see it, the command file needs to copy and delete all of the unpacked coreshader files also.

12. mianiak

mianiak Registered

The system is not meant to operate with unpacked coreshader files, there might be some reason why you want to unpack them and if that's the case you will have to sort something else out for that. This script is designed to work with the ISI tools as they were intended to be used by ISI.

I have a system in place for the custom shaders I have been using,,,
    What you can do if you have them unpacked, is zip them up and leave the zip in the folder. When you want to work with rf2 you delete the loose rf1 shader files, then when you want to work with rf1, right click on the zip and extract here.

But in saying that, feel free to modify the script yourself and repost your modification. All it would need to do that is a loop to remove .gfx, .psh and .vsh files when switching to rf2. But make sure not to delete any non gmotor shader files. Then when switching to rf1 there is possibly a cmd line that will un-mas the rf1 coreshaders.mas into the folder but I don't know if that's possible. It would probably be easier to use a zip cmd line to unzip a zip file like I have for the custom shaders I use in rf1

13. machine

machine Registered

I can't remember the exact message, but when I went to run Max 2010, it requested that coreshaders be unpacked for it to work.

anyway, this will work.
    Shortcut on desktop to hardwareshaders folder. 2 zip files in the hardwareshaders folder. 1 each with the total contents of the hardwareshaders folder for rf1 and rf2. Delete all files in folder manually except the 2 zips, then unzip here the one you want to use. Then run the cmd file to change the plugins folder.

14. freew67

freew67 Registered

You really only need the coreshaders.mas to be unpacked if your importing gmts from rf1. I just fired up max 2010 without any issues and I dont have the rf1 mas unpacked. I helped someone setup their 2009 and they have the mas unpacked in their hardwareshadersmouse folder. They havent had an issue with gmts in rf2 yet with it unpacked. They use a switcher file also.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

That's the guy, Mianiak is always trying to help. This is the spirit, thanks!

16. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Cannot thank you enough
    Nice to see some people dont keep things to themselves
    Cheers and thankyou again
    Gubba

17. BlackMagic

BlackMagic Registered

Great Batch file m8! Props!

18. vitor costa

vitor costa Registered

I`ve tryed the batch but the problem is that I have Max 2012. The max plugins for RF1 only goes to 2010. Any sugestion?

19. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Hi Can someone please tell me do i run the script before I start Max of when it is running

20. Radar

Radar Registered

Before you run 3Ds Max.