SOLVED Clean install locking up RF2 and having to force signout of PC

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Gary Hall, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Gary Hall

Gary Hall Registered

Hi All

bit of a strange one this, I have had RF2 working for some time on my PC, and had to carry out a machine rebuild. after the clean install of windows 10 and RF2 it appears that the sim has developed issues.....

I have spent 5 hours today already trying to figure out what the issues is, making all the changes that i can find on the web and nothing seems to make a difference.

The issue I am having I thought was due to using VR but after the clean install i have tried to run the sim up on the screen and the same issue occurs.

RF2 launches fine, loads the track up fine (all workshop content has been removed and only trying to load real RF2 content) if i select RACE i load into the car and i'm able to drive without issue, when i want to change car or head back to the menu screen RF2 locks up, and im forced to sign out of windows

if i try to make a change in the settings, be it FFB related or anything, the game freezes and i'm forced to sign out of windows and reload again. This happens on every car and every track since the rebuild of the PC.

before the rebuild I was able to enjoy every track and car in and out of VR without issue....
    doesn't matter what build of RF2 is used the issue is the same.

PC specs and equipment used are:

Strix 370-F gaming Mobo
    8700k overclocked to 5.2Ghz (issue happens with or without clock)
    Gskill 8933Mhz ram
    Strix 1080TI OC edition - a number of different NVidia drivers have been tried and same issues
    Large Mige Simracingbay motor running SimuCube FW, fanatec rims, Heusinkveld pro pedals
    HTC VIVE, or Predator 34p screen.

any help would be great, as i say i have been all over the net trying things but hopefully someone has a fix.

Thanks
    Gary
    Aka Bizi-Flameshades / BiziRacing

2. Louis

Louis Registered

relying on that part of your question...
    Did you already fully update windows 10?
    Did you already tried to re-install files from this folder "steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist"?

3. Gary Hall

Gary Hall Registered

Hi Louis,

thanks for the message, as it happens i have just resolved the issue.. i had reinstalled all the files from the 2012 and 2013 folders in this location, but the issue was actually with the wheel and not the game....

I have an OSW that i use fanatec rims with, this attaches by a smart adapter to allow me to use all the buttons on the wheel rim, it was this that was causing the issue.

i moved USB port and installed FANALEDS, have FANALEDS start up with windows and the issue has gone,

Denis over at Race department set me on the right course as he had heard there was an issue with other OSW users.

hopefully this post might help others!

Louis likes this.
  4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Good to hear you got your problem fixed.
    Could you edit the title of this thread to include the "Solved" tag.
    Cheers.