Clarification of anti aliasing modes? Bug report with vid setting in german language

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sebastian Röhn, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Sebastian Röhn

Sebastian Röhn Registered

Hello ISI team and rF community,

not only since rF2 but also rF1 I'm always wondering about the meaning of the AA levels. I could not find an explanation which level can be compared to the modes (x2,x4,x8) at the GPU drivers setup.

I'm not so skilled with the difference of AA levels between AMD and Nvidia GPU's, but it seems that the modes are called differently. My AMD HD7850 f.e. has also the modes 2x,4x and 8xEQAA (Enhanced Quality AA). It would be nice to get here a clarification

I also noticed a bug on the video setting GUI in german language (in both rF games). In english the AA modes are called "Level1-8". In German it is "Stufe1-3" and "Level 4-8". But the curious thing is, that I cannot change between the "Stufe1-3" modes. If I change f.e. from "Stufe2" to "Stufe3" click ok and restart the video setting GUI it doesn't apply the change. Or from "Level 4-8" to a lower setting "Stufe1-3" or none will not be accepted. With english language is that working fine.

Thanks for your replies and best regards,

Sebastian