Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Well worth the cut track penalty!

2. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

We need longer Gears for GT3, GTE and LMP3. The cars are running in the limiter very early.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's part of homologation, GTE with LM gears should stay around 290~295. GT3 I'm not sure but I think their top speed is around 280~285, LMP3 something similar (they have a hard time passing the GT3 cars in this track IRL)

edit

4. Patrick Schumacher

Ok, understand.
    But LMP3 reaches only around 270km/h in rFc, GTE in Le Mans have been around 300km/h in real life.

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

300-302 is indeed the top speed you reach with low downforce and a proper setup in GTE.

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

did you choosed the low drag aero setuo from showroom ?
    click Tuning before load the car track combination and select it

7. mister dog

mister dog Registered

You can also find pre made setups if you're on track, just check where you load/save setups and the upper one that's blanked out (where you can normally save a template setup), has 5 or so available there ready to load.

8. Patrick Schumacher

Thanks guys. I'll try that! :)

9. Patrick Schumacher

Booah...unbelievable. The LMP07 runs easily 20km/h faster and end ups on Hunaudieres around 340km/h, the Porsche comes very close to 300km/h. Awesome!

Thank you again!!! :)

mister dog and mesfigas like this.
  10. jordan3878

jordan3878 Registered

Amazing job on creating the track!

I seem to have lost the Endurance Pack skins that I had installed after installing the track, not sure what might have caused this. Any of you guys had the same issue?

11. Patrick Schumacher

Is that great. I can ran lap after lap around Le Mans. Always trying to catch the limit, sometimes beyond :D, but each turn is like a balancing act with the RSR. So brilliant!

Levelup1 likes this.
  12. mister dog

mister dog Registered

I love it too, this version is the best I have available to me (don't own the iracing version). Makes you realise how important that laser scan really is as a couple of meters wrong on the improvised ones makes the entry/exit of corners seem totally different.

The stuff I mentioned before about improving the lighting and detail on the surrounding objects around the track are just so we can make this diamond shine at the fullest, doesn't deprive of how good this version already is really.

Magus likes this.
  13. Depco

Depco Registered

That is F'ing impressive.

14. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

I'm also very impressed with the track. The difference to other versions available is just unbelievable. Not just the looks. The road itself is just amazing. How and where it's banked/cambered.. it demands a bit different approach in some corners. I never enjoyed Oreca on any track as much as I did on this track. Couldn't stop driving. The real question is not the price. I think price is spot on. I hope Nords price is going to be an euro or two higher so I can enjoy reading some more summer whining. Priceless :cool:
    ...the real question is, will they ever remove those tire barriers on Mulsanne straight and let the dogs out? :D

Thank you Studio 397 and congratulations on the game progress. It's been a great journey so far! Keep 'em coming ;)

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Haha omg thank you.. This is the problem when you have too many tracks installed. I thought it would have same name as in the mod manager.

MarcG likes this.
  16. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Okay - I just cleared out the shaders and cbash folders and it has made a HUGE difference for me. Much improved! Maybe each new build should automatically clear these folders of their contents?

17. Paulo Mendonça

Paulo Mendonça Registered

Would you care to elaborate on these folders locations? I never heard of it before and would like to know where to look. Thanks, mate.

18. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Just done a couple of races with 25 AI and it was immense fun. FPS varied between 90-100 coming out of the pits to ~65-110FPS on track with the cars. Smooth as silk and looked GORGEOUS at my default start time of 07:30.

There remains an issue with the replay in that the FPS still tank to around 30FPS. Same result if you "resume race from replay" the FPS is very low so something not quite right there.

Also, on the rF2 911 RSR the cockpit display on the virtual wheel is missing data elements like Engine Map values, TCC values and TCR values. Is there a fix for this? Not tried the other cars.

Otherwise a very enjoyable experience.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Guys, whats your PB with M8 GTE ?

I am happy that I am way off pace comparing to RL qualification laptime, this means plenty of a challenge for me and more trust in the simulation, because I know that I have poor skills of modern racecars and poor knowledge of Lemans :)

20. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Sure:
    X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log

and in there are the CBash and Shaders folders. Just delete whatever is in both.

Paulo Mendonça likes this.