Circuit D"Azure Broken AIW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldenBear, Dec 21, 2019.

1. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

The new Circuit D'Azure I just purchased and was not pleased with how poor the AIW pathway was made. Using the McLaren MP4/8 the AI's clip almost every wall on the turns and most crash in the tunnel. I tried the F1 1979 and F1 2013 3rd party mods which were not as bad but still crashed in the tunnel. The Senna raced it the best and crashes in the tunnel the least but at the very least always hits the inside wall hard and goes up on two wheels. Please fix this asap as racing against AI on it is useless at the present time.

Now even your track DLC's are being released with bugs, not too pleased.

The 3rd party mod of Monaco by SRHF1 races any car flawlessly on the circuit. Maybe ask them how it is done properly.

I stopped buying car DLC's because S397 refuses since Aug to fix the botched BOP of the GTE cars and the Oreca. Now with this track released in a bugged state my wallet will remain firmly closed for now on not buying DLC cars or tracks. People do not take kindly to being ripped off.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    gunner1483, Shadak, VirusGR42 and 6 others like this.
  2. José Antônio

José Antônio Registered

I Always played at max configuration the Rfactor2, but I have a lot of lags and stuttering from this Circuit D'Azur, so sad about, because the track is very detailed, but to heavy, or bad optimized. Please make some optimization on this beautiful track.

3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I didn’t have any issues racing any of the tin tops here, the new BMW, the Porsche Cup car and the GT3s were all flawless as far as I could see, maybe it just needs a dedicated open wheeler line or some corridor restrictions like the 60’s version had.

4. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Well considering it is an F1 venue S397 should have tested the AIW with F1 cars which they clearly did not. :)

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Well, it was made with the FISI, so you shouldn't talk about something you have no knowledge of.

Remco Majoor and Spyro like this.
  6. José Antônio

José Antônio Registered

Now I know what is my problem , need a Graphic card with more ram.

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

what you need is a more powerful graphics card, with 4g to full hd is enough, but the new rtx already bring 8gb even better

8. Emery

Emery Registered

I think it's something you're doing because 22 AI MP4/8 make it through the tunnel just fine on my system using default setup, 100% difficulty, 50% aggression.

However, 23 minutes into a 30 minute race, three cars got locked together when 2 were passing a third car that was down a lap after pitting due to accident damage. Basically the AI that is down a lap should yield a little better because Circuit d'Azure is tight.

FISI and GT3 and FVee did fine in my tests, but they didn't have any blue flag cars.

JimmyT likes this.
  9. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

What can I be doing improperly for crying out loud! I do not drive the AI cars. Do I need to prove it with a video?

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  10. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Excuse me but it is S397 that needs to stop with the unfinished products they release. Regardless the AIW is faulty and is further proof that everything released now is unfinished.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Did you perhaps give the AI cars a setup?

12. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Sorry, but that`s not make any sense. It is not his job to give a proper AI setup for that track.

ECAR_Tracks and GoldenBear like this.
  13. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Here is the video proof of the broken AIW using the McLaren MP4/8.

Try counting the hits on the inside walls of turns during the first solo lap. There are a lot of them!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  14. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

So in another words, it`s not something he is doing.. you just got a similar problem on another place of the track.

ECAR_Tracks and GoldenBear like this.
  15. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Everything was left at default. I tried many cars both tin tops and open wheelers. All of them crash to varying degrees.

16. Emery

Emery Registered

You're getting far more (and more severe) hits than I am. I don't know why.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Nope, not similar at all. In my case, the AI tried going 3-wide when the leading AI was being blue-flagged. Totally different thing than GoldenBear's lone AI pingponging around.

GoldenBear likes this.
  18. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

It really is frustrating as Monaco is one of my huge faves and it is unusable offline for me.

S397 are having problems with AIW making I surmise because the SRHF1 version has zero issues with any car I have ever tried on it. I am reinstalling it so I can race and do not expect S397 to ever fix this.

datasting likes this.
  19. DracoTorre

DracoTorre Registered

I observe the same as GoldenBear, but only with the Shadow MP4/8 and Shadow MP4/13. The regular non-Shadow cars drive without incident.

Practice with AI 100%. MP 4/13 Shadows only on track with default setup. They clip several walls including inside the tunnel, and after the tunnel at the chicane entry, each one drives directly into the barrier. At AI 80% they clip fewer walls, but still hit the barrier. Just for this test I installed MP4/8 from workshop and observed the same with Shadows. Again, only the Shadow cars.

20. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

That is a good find! I just tested it solo AI and a race with AI only and indeed the non Shadow skinned MP4/8 cars drive fine.

I thought the Shadow was the same car with just more skins added. So you found another bug. I still have issues with tin tops as well so there still is an issue with the AIW.

ps... Anyone want to make some skins for the McLaren MP4/8 as no one wants to drive one paint job for an entire field. :p