REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

It's pretty violent when it happens. But maybe there's just so much resistance from the big engine when gearing down that rear wheels get locked completely for a while. I can definately hear tires scraping when that happens. Could be realistic but don't know for sure. Not an issue for me because I probably leave some throttle on without thinking it but my brother was having lots of spinnings on brakings. However he was able to fix the behaviour by gearing down late (on low revs) and by applying some throttle.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Sure tire sounds are bit strange but don't know if it really is that way? Videos of C6-R tire sounds anyone? However I'm happy tire sounds are clearly heard so it improves my driving a lot.

Great car!

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I'll try that.

I am usually very agresive with braking and I use trail braking as much as possible (depend on car of course) and I very often change gears in the middle of the corner and that car doesn't like that. (but I do like :) )

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  3. Domi

Domi Registered

I think people is more than grateful spending 35€ or more for a beta game. If there is something wrong, even if it is a little thing, that's what beta is for, to fix issues. Saying only good things or being mad at someone like you surely helps much less for the software development.

4. Jos

Jos Registered

haha, sebring last night was hilarious, half of the field crashed out in the first lap. sebring was already slippery but with this car... :)

the rearspoiler doesnt seem to help cause i spun out when i was almost on the main straight again... :p

5. Andii

Andii Registered

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Did you try softening the rear of the car to give it more mechanical bite? Also, if you are having issues with power on oversteer, there are things that can be adjusted that will help prevent this from happening. For instance, you could adjust your dampers to move the weight faster to the rear of the car so you have less of a traction problem coming out of the corners. You can adjust the differential values to prevent power from going to the outside wheel as much. You could adjust the springs or ARB to help with this.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Anybody else noticed the Corvette`s driver seems to have graphical bugs?

When viewed from the trackside cams his helmet seems to vanish then re-appear...

The car seems to change shape (or parts of it do) a bit too sometimes.

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I see your point and I agree mostly. I was a little upset by so much negativity, because for me personally there is nothing wrong with the Corvette.
    But complaining about how many inches the spikes of the rims should be apart in order to represent the real life rims is just out of space and totally useless imho. And it certainly doesn't help the beta in any way!

9. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I noticed the same thing....

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sounds like an issue with your system trying to work out the LOD images. You might look to see if there is a setting in the plr or something to change the view distance and see if that helps out.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Here it seems like driver helmet flashes (could be disappearing also)

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I didn't feel any difference with the Corvette! I was hoping for more grip and more prevedibile brake but sadly it's the same!

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

The feel in the corvette is a very accurate feel of a powerful Gt on the track. I increase the FFB multiplier to 1.6 and for me it is spot on.

14. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

FFB is very good i could drift the completle through rivag in modern spa. Allways on the edge of loosing it... fun:D

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

nevermind!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  16. AeroMechanical

AeroMechanical Registered

Anyone else having trouble getting the tires up to temperature? Are the values reported in the garage/HUD correct (from the handling, they seem to be)? Because even after a dozen or more laps intentionally over-driving, my temps are still between 40C and 50C on a 29C track. Cant sort it with the setup either. Even with maxed tire pressure (or min), really stiff suspension and ridiculous diff settings, they just won't heat up. The reported temp will, of course, spike if I lock up at high speed or get into a big slide, but they always cool down again right away.

(Build 146 btw)

Tried at VLM's Mid Ohio and Lime Rock, same deal.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ll have a look but I`ve never changed anything and I don`t think it does it with other cars...

Will have to check with the new build though. :)

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If high temps is what you're after try min. suspension. ;):p

Here's after about 5 laps I think on 750lb springs all around. Car is quite sluggish so I was just driving her in hard but even after the tires cooled down the front stretch the temps were still higher than yours. Temps are in C by the way.

View attachment 6031

19. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

I wonder if the model of the tire C6R is still in development. ISI said that with the new build the car would change, but at the time there were no differences.
    Sometimes, when the rear loses traction, even at ridiculous speeds, the car continues to rotate on itself (360 °) as if once lost grip no longer able to resume despite the low speed. this behavior is abnormal.
    The other cars RF2 transmit very well the feeling of the tires, their grip or loss of traction, instead C6R looks very similar to the model of tire, much criticized, of iRacing.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

"... as if once lost grip no longer able to resume despite the low speed"

I've been feeling this too but can not say if it is supposed to be like this. Does not help even if I turn and brake hard when the car looses traction, it's just keeps going.