Released Chevrolet Corvette C6.R 1.43 and Chevrolet Camaro 1.3 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 13, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't understand enough to know how, but Lo said there was a track related reflection issue reported that shouldn't hold the car up from release.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks, good feedback on handling.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Wouldn't the track's reflection not have an impact on how it is displayed on the car, though, meaning that it could be down to the modeling or the uv mapping on that area of the car?

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN...Many Thanks ISI for listening, just the other cars to catch up now ;)

6. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i hoped for some cockpit materials shaders upgrade but cant see one. pitty cause outside cars look good already.
    And still cockpit exagerates HDR lighting. I posted about it in bug section after last build release but it was moved to modding section cause it wasnt ISI car, but i see its still the same with ISI cars too. Sorry im too lazy to make new screens to show it

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Email sent. :)

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Physics are still 'meh' for the Corvette. Never truely feel im in control. Silverstone, lots of rubber down, 1/3 throttle out of corners, lazy rear spin. Braking zones, no matter what bias or pressure, randomly seem to lock up.

Only car ive never personally been comfortable with, so others may disagree. I can drive pretty much every other car - ISI or otherwise - and feel in control with a good setup, but even after tinkering with dozens of changes I cant get a feel for it.

Nice to watch the AI drive it around though :p

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Now, I'm not sure what and how to say what i think is still not very cool, so i skip to the positive experiences. I can feel the chassis and distortion of the body. It is well perceptible when the tires have differently contact pressure by tenseness while cornering and starts to get stuck by slip sticking tires, the vehicle begins to swing until it has freewheeling again after correcting or neutralizing drift/slip angle. Nice body movements out of the cockpit, and it seems the level of suspension effeciency and accuracy is increased anyway but i still don't like the Chevy's, sorry guy's. Still good work and thank you.

10. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

+1
    Now it's a real pleasure to drive the C6R even with default setup It's easier to recover from sliding, braking is very good...
    Thank you :)/

11. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

I look forward to trying it out as soon as I can!

12. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

a very good narrative on which I like expound a little. I also perceive the car to have greater self correcting abilities now. One can feel there is something at work absorbing forces. On corner exit for example, where the car used to start rotating around its axle right after having kicked the gas a little, this abusive forces are now being absorbed. And when it goes its much easier to recover, for the car doesnt snap back into the other direction anymore. I just did a 30 laps AI race at portugal, and I fell in love with the car. The way one can now let the car 'dance' is phenomenal.

Another benefit comes in the form of less tire wear as the car is easier to drive within the right frame. I'll be having my fun this weekend. Thanks to all of ISI and someone buy Mr. Groening and Mr. Borda a beer for this revelation:)

13. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

You have to be smooth with the beast, for the longest time I would spin out too, until I started treating the throttle better.

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I agree, it's so much better now! Can't believe it's the chassis flex alone which changes the car behaviour so much. Are there some improvements to tire model and possible to suspension too? Didn't compare to previous version whether there were differencies with setups though.

Anyway still having hard time managing tires but for sure it's me failing to drive properly. :)

15. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Drove at feels3's Putnam Park and to me reflections looked flawless. Roof was reflecting sky like it should. Try another track? Didn't manually delete anything though - just uninstalled previous version from mod manager and then installed new.

16. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Headlights are great going around Spa!

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I don´t know if Rony1984 was one of that in the past complain about Corvette behavior, but i would like to read review of the ones which think Corvette has already perfect behavior in previous version who bashes others opinions about the car saying they don´t know how to drive.

Probably they will say thats more real than real life now. And if another update arrives on physics they will say now they can feel the forth dimension and the CR6 now do the right thing on a parallel universe where other sims don´t seem to care...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  18. Miro

Miro Registered

Well go ahead and include me there, I liked the car a lot and it's just bloody awesome now.
    Don't feel even a bit bad about it lol.
    I've just driven it @ LD. The FFB is just crazy now. To lazy to search for the English words to describe it. :p

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Time to don't make anymore tought's. Something's never change ( someone great said as well R.I.P ).

20. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Its a little strange to me when something is perfect, then someone do changes on it and whats was already perfect becomes "more" perfect. :p

But i´m understanding what are you saying that the car feels better now. And probably when this tire model is finished, real road in real time we all will find grip and car behavior become close to real life because it is impossible ISI already achieved this with unfinished features (i think).

Hope ISI keep improving.