Cheap Thrustmaster wheel/pedal from amazon?? Tired of cellphone app.

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by aguy0523, Jul 29, 2015.

1. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It will be tonnes better than what you're using now.

Don't buy into this "more money equals better lap times" bs. I've seen fast, like really fast guys using dfgts and slow guys, like slower than me even, using $4000 wheels, triple screen etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  3. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

I've seen Used G27's on ebay starting (bid) at 99 dollars... those would be much better wheels than that thrustmaster, and not so far in price.

4. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

ya, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm pretty decent with the cell phone as it is.

What worries me is that I'll get a defective one. New in the box is comforting.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Better you go for a Logitech DFGT, if a G27 would be to expensive. The Thrustmaster havn`t FFB...

6. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

the DFGT is costs more than the G27 here in the U.S. and they are both over $220. I can't afford it.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

In Germany a DFGT cost < 120 Euro...

8. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

9. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Alright, all of you seem to be pushing me away from that wheel and towards a force feedback. lol. I'll take a look at ebay and skip food shopping next week.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Save up.

Don't waste your money on a bungee cord wheel.

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Indeed, when you're limited on budget, best to spend it wisely when you do.

12. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Just curious, but I turned a 56.215 at autodrome mores with the clio on my cell phone. How off am I, compared to people with force feedback?

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm not a FWD at all so I can't remember the last time I drove the clio, been at least a year. With default setup and fuel, green track, I did a 57 flat on second lap. My guess is a sub 55 would be decent. I have no idea what a fast lap would be.

14. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Finally won an auction on a used T500RS from ebay!!! Wow, this thing is amazing!! yet simultaneously has a steep learning curve (I'm actually 3-4 seconds slower now). Took the AC Cobra out and tried down-shifting/blipping, power sliding and just having some fun around Portugal. The brake/throttle are awesome to have. I really wish there was a way I can stiffen up the throttle though, it's a bit too soft. The brake is better than expected relative to the complaints I've read and despite it not being a load cell. A lot better compared to what I was using. This wheel is really strong. I set the TM gain to 70% and the game multiplier to 60% and my desk still moves around which then shakes my monitor. Lol. I'm going to have to build something here a little more stable to crank this up. ( I have spring and damper set to 0%). Almost sprained my wrist too when the car snapped from an over-steer. Lol

Tried a lap with the Nissan GTR and I'm not quite ready for that yet. I thought the GTR was a clutch-less tranny with auto blip? That wasn't working for me.

All in all, I'm so blown away by this wheel/pedal set. This is going to be a huge distraction/addiction for me.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  15. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

Great wheel, im looking at one of those as an upgade from my G27.
    May i know how much you paid for it?

Thanks!

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

from what i know i would still recommend the g27 for PC users, but thrustmaster has very recently put out a T150 wheel that looks like it could be a good option for ppl who want a full functioning ffb wheel but arent sure how much they want one.

17. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

$305.00. The seller had no feedback so not to many people were bidding and I took a chance. Everything went great.

I've seen them auction from $300-370.00

Although, the T300's are almost the same price on auctions. The newer models have a belt upgrade along with some other gizmo to improve FFB. Overall, some users respond that it's a bit smoother and delivers a little more accuracy with lower level forces. :/ So, it's a bitter-sweet choice I guess between the 2.

The T500 does wallop a hard punch and comes with much better pedals. The brake-mod engenders a firm, progressive feel for maximal braking and the clutch is simply fun to have when driving the appropriate cars. Make sure what ever you mount it to is very sturdy!

18. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Plan on it when the rubber pad starts to wear out. Many positive reviews on the bushing kit for the brake. I don't feel like paying $160 for that load cell upgrade.

19. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

This thing didn't last long at all. There's no "force" in my ffb wheel anymore. It just gave it out. I turned it off and let it sit for an hour, then turned it back on again. The wheel mildly regained some strength but went limp after 5 minutes. Tried much again later and same thing.

Fackng sh!t. What a waste of money. I'm a little irate right now. I feel like cursing a lot.

20. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

+1. My suspicion is that something broke, he fixed it via DIY and got rid of it, and used that money to buy a new wheel.