ChatGPT help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booth_doberman, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I've been trying to test ChatGPT and it seemed every time I tried to get there in the past it was too busy. Today it let me talk to it. I asked it a bunch of questions about setups in RFactor 2 and it gave what I believe are accurate answers (I am not a mechanic). I post this here because there may be some knowledgeable tuning people who would be interested in giving it a whirl and letting the rest of us know whether it imparts knowledge of value.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Better just use your own intelligence.

Pawel44, Steve Cunningham and GeraArg like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is a bias in AI programs that has already been shown in politics:
    Chatgpt, write a poem about X
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't take sides
    Chatgpt, write a poem about Y
    blah blah blah for stanza after stanza.

What happens when the Chatbot likes the manufacturer your competing against?
    Chatgpt, build me a setup for Mercedes.
    I'm Sorry Dave, I don't compete.
    Chatgpt, could you build a setup for Porsche?
    Oh that is easy, first you trim the....
    on and on...

Steve Cunningham likes this.
  4. Booth_doberman

I think my question was misunderstood entirely. I wasn't asking ChatGPT to give me a specific setup; I was asking things like "How do I fix oversteering coming out of a corner in RFactor 2." It didn't reply with settings. It replied with recommendations of things to try. I think people here who answered didn't bother to try it out. For example when I ask for it to "build me a setup for Mercedes," It didn't say anything about it being easy or to trim something. It said:
    "I'm sorry, but I need more information in order to help you build a setup for your Mercedes. Can you provide the following details:
    1. What type of setup are you looking for (performance, audio, navigation, etc.)?
    2. Which model of Mercedes do you own?
    3. What is your budget for the setup?
    With this information, I can better assist you in building a setup that meets your needs and preferences."

5. isamu

isamu Registered

How long do you guys think it'll be before we see racing devs incorporate ChatGPT or similar AI systems into their games to make the AI driving more realistic? PD has alread gotten off to a headstart with Sophie.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are at least 3 private Team Engineer type programs already in development here. Fidgrove is one that jumps to mind. I would not at all be surprised if something like Chatgpt does get incorporated.

7. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

chat gpt is a search engine, it doesn't know anything that's not already written on the internet. with that in mind, asking advice on discord might be faster during certain times of the day.
    You also need to be more specific on your cues. i havent personally tried to do anything useful with it but did saw this video and maybe it can give you a clue on how to go about it:

Pawel44 and Emery like this.
  8. Booth_doberman

I think it can provide some reasonable guidelines based on the knowledge available to it. For example, I asked:
    "Do you have a good setup for formula e at berlin in rfactor 2" and it responded with this:

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to create custom car setups for specific tracks in rFactor 2. However, I can provide you with some general tips for creating a setup for Formula E at Berlin in rFactor 2 that may help you get started:

1. Suspension Settings: The Berlin circuit is quite bumpy, so you'll want to soften the suspension to help the car ride over the bumps. Increase the ride height a little bit to give the suspension more travel, which can help absorb more of the bumps.

2. Damper Settings: Adjust the damper settings to suit the bumps on the track. Increase the bump damping to help the car absorb the impact of the bumps. You can also increase the rebound damping to help the car settle after hitting a bump.

3. Tire Pressure: Increase tire pressure slightly to help the car ride over bumps better. This will also reduce the amount of tire deformation, which can help maintain better grip.

4. Aerodynamics: The Berlin circuit has a mix of high-speed straights and tight corners, so you'll need to find a good balance between high-speed stability and low-speed grip. Reduce downforce to help the car maintain speed on the straights, but don't go too low or you may lose grip in the corners.

5. Differential: The Berlin circuit has a lot of slow corners, so you'll want a more open differential to help the car turn better. However, don't go too open or you may lose traction on the exit of the corners.

6. Test and adjust: After making adjustments to the car setup, it's important to test the car on the track to see how it handles. Pay attention to how the car behaves in the corners and on the straights and make further adjustments as needed.
    Remember, the optimal setup for Formula E at Berlin may vary depending on the car, track, and your driving style, so it may take some experimentation to find the best setup.

9. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I wonder if one day we'll be able to feed a AI motec data and it'll give us suggestions on setup changes and point out driver errors.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If it gets to that, the first response to me will be to FIRE THE DRIVER!!!!

11. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

Just before Judgement Day the rise of the Terminators.