Changing the pace car

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sg333, Dec 4, 2016.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I have found some older guides which explain how to change the safety/pace car but the guides -and some files- reference the ClioPC whereas the current default car is CorvettePC

I want to change the default pace car to ISI_Chevrolet_Corvette_ZR1_2012. I have tried to edit the AllCarsTracks.rfm just manually from saying CorvettePC.veh to ISI_Chevrolet_Corvette_ZR1_2012.veh but that isnt actually changing the pace car, its still the other Corvette. Do I need to repack and reinstall somehow? Any help appreciated, new to this :)

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Having the wrong .veh didnt help! Got there in the end all on my own :p

zr1.jpg

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  3. Ran Hombres

Ran Hombres Registered

Cool! Would you mind writing a short explanation of how you did that? Or post some links to where you found those "older guides", please?
    I would love to be able to ANY existing rF2 car mod and turn it into a pace car...maybe have a specific pace car for each series, for example. :cool:

Louis likes this.
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You just need to know the name of the *.veh file of your existing mod. If it can't be found then it will either go back to the default pacecar (clio probably) or show a temp car. You type the vehicle file name into your rfm file... when you build a mod.

Ran Hombres likes this.
  5. Ran Hombres

Ran Hombres Registered

Ah, thanks for that answer, Woodee.
    Another question; if I made a standalone (pace car only) mod of one of my existing vehicles, and then set it up with GetMod, could clients to my server download it yes? Assuming I set up the .vmod correctly, of course. I want to use the "loose skin" method but include that custom pace car for a series, if that makes sense... :)

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

In theory yes.

Ran Hombres likes this.