Changing gears in a Skip Barber

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Karei, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Karei

Karei Registered

I'm new to rFactor 2, trying to understand what the software simulates. I thought that the answer was "almost everything", so when I set Auto Blip and Auto Lift to False, I was expecting to heel and toe and lift with the Skip Barber. Actually the car behaves like a Formula 1. I don't know if there's something wrong with my settings or it's just that rFactor 2 doesn't simulate that kind of transmission, basically like rFactor 1. Couldn't find any info on that, so does anybody know?

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

What do you expect to happen? The auto lift/blip settings should work. So the engine should hit the rev limiter on upshifts without lifting and kind of "lock" the rear when downshifting without blipping.

3. Karei

Karei Registered

No I wanted to deactivate the auto lift/blip! As far as I know "False" is the same as "0" in the player file.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Just turn off auto clutch... :)

5. elbo

elbo Registered

If you were expecting it to not allow a shift for a bad rev match then this is not simulated in rf2.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Not sure if the newest Skip Barber cars actually require heal and toe, assuming that it's a semi-automatic gearbox. You should try these parameters on one of the historic cars instead.

7. Karei

Karei Registered

That's it. That's what I meant. Thanks! Automobilista has it though... :(

I thought it was the same Skippy modelled in iRacing. But as I said, I'm just learning.

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Description:

The multi-tubular mild-steel space-frame Skip Barber Formula 2000 features a 2.0 liter SOHC 4-cylinder engine, and a 5-speed Gemini sequential shifter. With 150bhp at 6000rpm, this 1,250lb lightweight machine is capable of 135mph, and can reach 100mph in just 8.2 seconds.

"The Skippy cars switched to sequential ‘boxes fairly recently. You use the clutch to launch the car—the less slip, the better—then go full throttle until it’s time to shift. At that point, you lift off the gas half an inch, yank the stick back one click, and mash the throttle again, repeating the process through all five gears. No clutch work is needed to upshift the dog-type gearbox, but you do use the third pedal for downshifts. Heel-and-toeing returns the smoothest results."

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes unfortunately it is like you claim : "rFactor 2 doesn't simulate that kind of transmission, basically like rFactor 1" If I recall correct Howston G4/G6 was supposed to get now transmission model soon after release and that was 3 years ago.