Changing Default Rear Wing?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SL1DE, Dec 2, 2016.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I have three of them, low downforce, medium downforce, high downforce. Back 6 months ago when I was actively working on the mod, I figured out how to change the default one to load for the AI, however now I've come back to work on the mod some more to complete the other cars/teams and I can't remember what I changed, and I can't even figure it out.

So now I've got the Williams FW21 loading the medium downforce rear wing by default, and the rest of the cars are loading the low downforce rear wing.

It has to be one of these because they're the only files I've edited, but I've looked through them all multiple times.
    [​IMG]

What on Earth did I change? I've read stuff on the internet for rFactor 1 saying that the upgrades.ini determines which configuration to load for each track, but that's unedited on this car so obviously it's something else.

Basically, I want medium downforce rear wing to be the default part and low and high to be options. So where do I go to change the default options?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Your wing is an upgrade? Open an Isi car, stock car will have it for sure. Look for trackconfigbase and look at how it's done. You should be able to force what wing you want.

3. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Might be my only option if I can't figure out what the heck I did before lol

I'll have a look now.

Edit: Stock Cars don't have a line in the TrackConfigBase which would be universal for all non-listed tracks, they just have the configurations for a list of tracks.

The reason I want to change it is so the AI loads with the medium downforce rear wing, because it's a bit lame racing with AI which have low downforce on a high or medium downforce circuit. I don't want to just put down a list of already released circuits which people are probable to drive the cars on... I refuse to release the mod until I have this figured out.

There's gotta be a line somewhere which determines what the default configuration is? I remember changing something for the Williams. And as soon as I load the game up the Williams is loading the medium downforce wing, while the rest of the cars are loading the low downforce and I have to change it manually when I want to use those cars. But the AI and all load the Williams with medium downforce. I think I remember it being a number system, like changing a 0 to a 1, just like TrackConfigBase, only it wasn't TrackConfigBase because my TrackConfigBase was unedited.

Edit 2:
    Would this work in TrackConfig?

// Default
    "*":
    Rear Wing=1

Because I have some coding experience and * can be used as sort of a "search all" or "load all" thing so maybe the game works the same way?

Edit 3: It didn't.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First option in each upgrade item is the default, if you don't have a class or specific upgrades selected in the TrackConfigsBase (for matching tracks). Did you check the upgrades file against the other cars' just in case?

Coutie likes this.
  5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yep, only way is to make it first, or add every track to the file. If you remember back to when the Indy car first came out, the first upgrade was speedway, so the ai would have that at all the tracks.

6. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Upgrades.ini is unedited for both cars, says date modified 2009. So I don't think I changed that.

So, if I just move the upgrades around in the upgrades.ini, put the medium downforce wing above the low downforce wing, that should then load the medium downforce wing first by default? Maybe that's what I did and didn't have the upgrades.ini backed up for whatever reason.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016