Change visible vehicles on the fly

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Kevin Ryan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

I'd like to be able to map a button so that I can change 'visible vehicles' on the fly. At the start of a race you definitely need about 15 or so but once the race gets going 6 or 7 is fine. It'd be a real FPS saver.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6 or 7 is fine once the field has spread out a bit, but if you were able to adjust that on the fly and then a car 10 places in front of you spun, then your gaggle of 7 cars all approached it, you wouldn't see the spun car until you were right on top of it. In other words, you wouldn't know you needed to be able to see more cars until after you found out you couldn't see all the cars you needed to.

Wouldn't you automatically have fewer cars in sight as the field spreads out anyway?

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Sometimes you have to lower some graphic settings to ensure you don't go lower than your desired minimum fps.
    Shadows is always a good one to start with.

I only do league racing so I think it is important to check what the fps will be like at the race start.
    I set up an offline race as close to what the league server will be set at.
    I add 2 or 3 extra AI cars, to the grid, than the number of drivers expected for the league race.
    I then start the race from rear of the grid and if I don't go below 60fps I'm happy and test is done.
    This is about the only time I ever start a single player race. ;)