Change the SafetyCar for a specific MOD

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by darcidm, Aug 19, 2018.

1. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Hello!

Can I change the safetycar only in my MOD?
    To change the default safetycar of rF2 I know, but I want to change only in my MOD.

2. Brent

Brent Registered

It's not a necessary step but I create my own safetycar for a mod by packaging the safetycar as it's own (component) vehicle with a ".veh" file. Edit that .veh file with notepad to point to the safetycar texture I want to use. Both must be in the mas files when packaging the component. Again creating a new component is not necessary as long as you have it point to a .veh for a vehicle you have installed and included when you package the mod.

When you package the mod using the MAS2 utility there's an option to browse for a specific ".rfm file" You'll need to edit that .rfm file similar to how you do for changing the default.

1st step, open the .rfm file you want to use with notepad and edit it. This can be the same rfm you extracted to change the default safetycar. There's a line for safetycar near the top of the file. Change that to point to the safetycar.veh file like how you changed the default. Make sure all of the other rfm options are set to your liking.

2nd step, run the MAS2 utility, as your packaging the file, the first dialog, where it says "rfm file", click the "B" icon to browse, browse to were your saved your rfm file and select it and hit ok.

3rd step, as your selecting vehicles to package into the mod be sure to select to include your safetycar component (either one you created or the specific vehicle) from the vehicle list.

If you're using this pacecar on a dedicated server you'll need to have your safetycar component installed along with the other track/vehicle mods.

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  3. darcidm

darcidm Registered

The first attempt did not work, but in the next few days I'll try again.

4. Brent

Brent Registered

It's very important the car you want to use must be included when you choose vehicles. The rfm, needs to point to the exact same name of the .veh file in the component. That's .veh file is located usually under the teams.mas in the specific vehicle folder, dragging that file into a MAS2 window will let you see the files.

I saved off my own rfm file in a folder on my desktop and always browse to it to make sure I'm selecting my edited rfm and not the standard ones that come up when you click browse. Also in game be sure you're choosing the mod you created from the list and click accept in the bottom right before clicking the "Race" button, that's caught me off before.

The rfm will look like this and highlighted is what you need to change in notepad and save the file:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018