Change HDV to fix every damage quickly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zmitya, Oct 2, 2018.

1. zmitya

zmitya Registered

Hi Gents,

In our league we use the ASR 2018 mod currently, but there is a requirement from the admins.
    We would like to tweak the HDV in the following way:

- During a pitstop, *all* the damages should be fixed and they should be fixed perfectly. Currently sometimes after a pitstop the car still underperforming for some reason. It has lower topspeed, worse handling etc and a few damage indicators don't disappear for some reason.
    - this fixing time should not take more than a few seconds..

Since I am not a HDV expert, could you guys give us a few pointers where to read, what to do to achieve that ?

Thanks in advance!
    Regards,
    Mitya

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If I recall, there was some 'randomness' of final repairs. I don't think .... I'm not sure... that you can guarantee full repair short of turning off all damage.

3. Bozak

Bozak Registered

Go to ModDev/Vehicles/SkipBarber folder and open with notepad skipbarber hdv

At [PITMENU] section is the info you need
    Last line Damage Time is the one you need to change, numbers are in seconds.
    Also Damage=2.
    There is an explanation after // for each line.

Copy your car folder at ModDev/Vehicles/ unpack main.mas, make the changes in hdv and test.

With Mas2.exe you pack and unpack the car.

Lazza likes this.
  4. zmitya

zmitya Registered

Hi Gents,

Thank you very much for the helps. We knew about the Damage and about the DamageTime parameters.
    The Damage=2 and DamageTime=(0.1,0.1,0.1,1.0).

But this does not help for some reason, sometimes the Aero damage does not get fixed properly because the topspeed is lower than previously.

This is why I asked, I did hope that there is a parameter to reduce this "randomness" of the repair procedure...

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
    Mitya