Change color of last message in the chat box.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Euskotracks, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

To whom it may concern,

The last message of the chat box is painted in an unreadable orange color.
    I would understand that the new UI will take this into account.

However, considering that this minor problem (already reported BTW) is something that has been unattended for so many years I wanted to make sure it gets bumped prior to the next build release.

I expect that the basics about UI colour selection are taken into account by Studio397. Making things readable should be among the top priorities. This basics should also ideally contemplate the main daltonism patterns either in the default UI or maybe in an alternative UI. Unlike in industrial applications where a screen is shared by many people and needs to be readable by daltonic people, home applications follow a specific profile approach for these type of vision problems.

peterchen likes this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, it sucks. Also it scroll up every time depending on where you click (garage, settings, standings), not nice (is there an option to change it?)
    Same thing with the rules session online, it is all orange

Euskotracks likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm sure I have seen options for this stuff before, I'll have to consult with my assistant, Mr Rum & Coke, he always has the right answers. ;)
    The convenience of games that can be modded goes beyond content that can be made, thankfully there is more tucked away just waiting to be found.

:rolleyes: sorry, rambling done.

UserData / player / Multiplayer.JSON. open with notepad (or my preferred Notepad++)

For people who don't know: 0 = off (no) 1 = on (yes)

"Multiplayer General Options"

"Autoscroll Chat":1,
    "Autoscroll Chat#":"whether to auto-scroll chatbox as new chats arrive",

"Colorcode Chat":true,
    "Colorcode Chat#":"whether to color-code chats in the chatbox",

I hope my assistant and I were of assistance. :D

edit, Just remembered that Autoscroll can be changed in game.
    To the right of where you type your text chat, to the left of the thumbs up/down, there is a square, red = autoscroll, white = no scroll.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Euskotracks and Eddy like this.
  4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

The autoscroll worked perfect but changing colorcode option had no effect. Still the same horrible orange color.
    chatbox.png

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

autoscroll has been off here like forever and this problem always existed, the problem is not scroll down on new chat messages, the problem is that it scrolls up all the way to the first chat message available depending on the menu I click

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not really many years, this is only with the newer UI.

There's no in built option to change this, but it's not a difficult fix in the UI files (after making a new copy) which you can then package and install.

Euskotracks likes this.
  7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Still too many builds.
    Thanks for the tip but I will wait for the next build and see what happens. We are less than one month away from it according to what was announced by Marcel. Hopefully they will get it sorted and I don't have to learn something I dont want to use.