Championship Editor, AI/Car Settings, Tracks, Etc

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guimengo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Well you can take an extremist view of my post to dissect it that manner, or you can grasp the main problem is the discrepancy with the way the green track is compared to the possible extremely rubberized state of the tracks. At some point in time cars do wander off the line for a variety of reason and that shouldn't bring upon such great instability as it is possible in rF2. I am not talking about driving over marbles in the offline and maintaining good grip.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Tim isn't rubber the buildup accelerated times3 in rf2? or was that corrected from earlier builds. I recall it mentioned but dunno what it is today.

3. Radar

Radar Registered

Sorry for the confusion but sometimes extra words can make all the difference..

Just to add to this, which may help with regards to being off the racing line.. ISI have released builds with accelerated rubbering. To further add to this, it's currently based on the Fast Line, not on the racers line.
    Apparently this will change over time with future developments where the racing line will be across each racer. So if 3 drivers drive out wide on a turn, and the other 3 driver drive on the inside of the turn, then in theory you shouldn't notice any difference from the inside to the outside. Same would apply for Dry racing as compared to Wet racing where the lines taken in the wet are different..

Hope this clarifies where ISI are planning to take Real Road technology and hopefully soon we will see the accerlation reduced to normal rather than 2x or 3x.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks for that nice post, Radar. I often drive off line when I can to build up some rubber but I don't see any effect so that'd explain it. About the rate I think it's so quick because of the game's definition of green.

5. Radar

Radar Registered

You are welcome Guimengo.

I see so many posts about 'racing on ice' but if people have real life experience they will understand that every track is different, they have different grip levels, temperatures on track can also play a huge part in grip levels and for a game developer they have to decide on a 'happy medium'. So until we see the additional features of Real Road, and track temperatures coming into rF2 then all tracks will 'feel' icy.

When the new level of Real Road comes into affect (however far away that is) we will not only see the driver's racing line being used (rather than fast line as mentioned earlier) but we will also see track temperatures playing a huge difference between tracks. So what we will see with tracks that have high level of shade or corners with shade for that matter, having less grip than those that are in constant sun light. I feel that once these extra features are in rF2 then we are less likely to see complaints about it being 'on ice' imho. We are not playing an arcade game where everything is the same, we're playing a simulator where anything can happen and every driver will have to quickly learn to adapt..

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I actually believe there may be something to still be cracked on the tire development side. Currently rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa have some cars with tires that seem to "wander" a little more than seems appropriate in real life, lacking some precision and pointyness to it. I read a comment from the former Stig briefly stating how one AC video with the stock Evora looked "sloppy and disconnected" compared to real life, and this same characteristic also applies to a couple other vehicles in AC and rF2.

7. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

i drove yesterday a track which "realroad patches" were the sizes of my tires but sqaures

Looks like i was tele transported to rf1 track

8. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

The smoke and roostertail also are are geometric like patern in ISI tracks or third party tracks also models

In the other hand, it would be awesome (word that i learn from internet phrases that supposed to mean "very nice"² i think) particles and debris (even if just pure graphical without affect driving for real) from tires scrubbing running over dirty tarmac or running over marbles from the opponent ahead.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

After having fired up Redline GTP tonight, taking the C9 around Sebring (influenced by a buddy) I have to bump this up with another biased post supporting it. If ISI were to offer the top cars from 1988-1992 (or as many as possible or a real life inspired, "fantasy" version like Howston=Lola) I'd buy the lifetime license in a heartbeat. With a couple of appropriate tracks... Oh goodness. I'd make at least 10 other people buy it.

Example video since I can't really record and upload with a decent, sharp image on youtube.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Minor 3.5 year bump :eek:

- Additional AI behavior: much like Automobilista has began implementing extra parameters, something similar would be nice for rF2 especially with regards to blue flag/caution/backmarker behavior to keep the AI from destroying a single-player session.

- rFactor-like easy setup slider, so it can be more accessible and beginner friendly to newcomers & lazy people alike.

- Ingame bloom and blur sliders.

- Improvement of grass/terrain texture resolution and sample of most stock content, for less carpet, repeated patterns, and noticeable seams between mapped areas.

- Ability to overwrite saved FFB profiles without having to retype the exact same name.

- Change virtual drivers' RCD file to be named as the driver instead of increasing numerical values.

- Ability to load and assign setups from different cars (and classes) to AI.

Louis likes this.
  11. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Good thread! Hopefully we get these things done in rF2

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's already in RF2, has been for a long long time now.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

- Updated and fresh new controller profiles, adding missing common wheels

- Prevent "Insert key" camera from switching to next position when switching through onboard and trackside cameras

So just not adequately implemented, then.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A better description of what exactly you want the AI to do in a Blue Flag situation might help then :)

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ideally not be on the racing line or shift/swerve/hover to the racing line when there is an incoming car, or don't try fighting into the corner. Also applying that to pit-exit behavior, especially unpleasant with a large speed difference as you start a hotlap and they immediately hover to the racing line.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There is no doubt the Blue Flag logic can be improved, but for the basics the AI do move off the racing line, take wider lines in turns and they all this whilst lifting off the accelerator. So it's not all bad as it currently is but further improvement is required, agreed.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

- Dedicated Server Setup Wizard with pop-up tooltips and easy, logical step-by-step content selection and server settings creation. It's just really frustrating trying to join servers that weren't adequately setup on top of some league admins dismissing the game due to its unfriendliness.

Louis likes this.