Championship Editor, AI/Car Settings, Tracks, Etc

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guimengo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Championship Editor:
    I'd like to see something that allows us to create a season long calendar with whatever cars/track combinations we desire, as well as race settings such as 2 races, reverse grid, etc. Before each round or session, the possibility to alter the track and weather settings from either the ones set at the start of the calendar, to any last-second decision we'd like. Almost like the Grand Prix 3/4 weather settings.

Ideally being able to combine seasons, we can have a mini-career mode, where the user can set the first season to be run on Skippy/Clios, and progress all the way to Formula ISI on the 8th season (as an example). rFactor 1 was not very friendly and rFactor 2 could remedy that, and given how both pCARS and Assetto Corsa (to a lesser degree) will have career modes, it's very important ISI can provide things beyond disjointed races.

Optimal AI/Car setups for every ISI car/track:
    It is imperative that the AI drivers have proper car settings for every car in every track, of the stock game. Such settings would not only benefit us from having the AI be competitive and for example, not have their engines blow because it's redlining early into a long straight, but also would be of great for the ease-of-use factor. Doesn't it suck having the AI always use the same setup everywhere, racing 30mp/h slower, etc? This means tire pressures, suspensions settings, brake bias, and differential settings are all set in a way that the default setup can be used on a variety of tracks with minor tweaks. New and experienced users can simply load a base setup for the track they're running in, with whatever car. If not one for every track, at least provide three base setups - High Speed, Balanced, High Downforce.

HUD Editor:
    Something, perhaps in real time, that allows us to position aspects of the HUD (e.g. RPM display, Session Standings, etc) on different areas of the screen in a pre-determined grid.

HDR:
    Some form of HDR editor, so we could balance real time ingame settings.

Tire grip:
    spinning around at extremely low speeds from stationary position, either on grass or tarmac, needs to be corrected. Also issue with tire temperature sky rocketing when spinning out, even on lower friction surfaces. Grass has much lower friction and grip than asphalt, but it's not ice. Lastly, there's a seemingly universal issue with lateral grip with the ISI stock cars, far more noticeable with the less advanced cars. In the Howston example, sure the ply tires are tough but they're too imprecise and require incessant micromanagement. No videos I've seen of late 1960s F1 or sportscars showcase that behavior to such extreme extents as rF2 does.

Shadows:
    Overall the shadows should be darker, especially under/around the car. There is no sense of "double casting" of shadows, where an object behind another object already in the shade presents no discernible shading difference.

Loading Maps:
    I think the current ISI ones are too convoluted and very busy. A main background color with the track map and location info would look marvelous and very sharp. Less is more.

ISI-hosted Servers:
    These will host a few stock ISI cars and tracks, always providing the community a place to run at all times. The tracks will be alternating and be car-appropriate, and the cars can be stand-alone or bundled in endurance style. As an example, let's say there are 5 ISI servers. One can host historic Formula content, with F1-F2s. Another can host the Howstons G4 and G6. Another can host Corvette/Camaro/Nissan GTR-370z. Another hosting FIA F2s or F-ISI/Marussias, and lastly one hosting Renaults Clio and Mégane. The idea is to have a sort of set racing schedule, so all users know when there are practice, qualifying, and race sessions for each (I suppose like an iRacing format).

Server admin override penalties: Done
    Very self explanatory. Some tracks give absurd penalties without cuts being made, sometimes people can spin off and skip too much over an area, or simply go off (like Longford at the gate) and be disqualified trying to come back.

Force Feedback:
    Currently all cars feel like they have power steering. The FFB in rFactor 2 can be very detailed (so far only experienced this in most ISI-stock content and LOLA T280 mod) but it feels very light on all cars on all occasions.

RealRoad: Address both Auto-Save and RR functionality
    The way the real road develops in rF2 creates a grave problem with regards to going offline for either a passing move, driving on clean air, or having to alter the driving line for whatever reason. The way the green track is setup in rF2 doesn't lend itself to providing grip where there should be grip in real life, rF2's green track is a freshly paved, very "oily" tarmac with a layer of dirt over.

The AI always runs a very tight and supremely consistent line on all tracks and it doesn't lend itself to provide additional areas where grip develops thus causing exaggerated variance in grip.Also there are a few tracks where there is very visible rubber build up where there's no reason for it (as in, racing down a long straight) - this doesn't apply to circuits with concrete like we see in North American Indy races.

For Auto-Save, there should be a global parameter that can override individual settings so regardless of track and session, the RR will always load the latest rubber file available. Global settings would include On, Off, Track Specific, and Session Specific.

Cars:
    Continuing to add 1966 Formula 1 cars or move on to 1967 (even if only with fantasy names) in order to get a full grid, Group C Le Mans prototypes, some newer (1985+) Formula 1 era cars with varied performance (especially given the data and knowledge from making F1 2000-F1C 99-02).

Weather:
    Currently we are able to set parameters for weather but we don't have a random or real life system. I'd love to see those implemented, Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix 4 were kings of weather.

Tracks:
    - Suzuka
    - Spa (current and maybe pre-2004)
    - Hockenheim (pre-2002)
    - Rouen 1968
    - Mosport
    - Watkins Glen
    - Montréal
    - Donington Park
    - Red Bull Ring (A1 Ring)

Car-specific seating position and FOV settings
    These would automatically save once edited while in each car, much like the steering angle and FFB parameters work.

Full single series seasons
    What's the best possible experience in a sim? The possibility of emulating real life. In rFactor 2 we have a collage of content that on a couple of occasions has cars to somewhat emulate a series, but we lack the tracks. There's a little for everyone but not a lot for someone. Some previous titles have lived for so long due to nothing being around to replace them. GPL doing the 1967 F1 season still has online leagues to this days, 16 years after release. The modding community hasn't backed rF2 to the expected extent so ISI work to address stock content, having more appropriate tracks for the cars, would be delightful.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    ECAR_Tracks, Louis and Pauli Partanen like this.
  2. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that already happens for me, I have my Paddle Shifters for Look Left/Right and both pressed at the same time = Look Behind :)

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

A championship editor is a must for me. I'm an offline player mostly, so without custom championships this game will have very limited appeal in the coming years.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How? In the game I cannot get that to happen, and I didn't find a line in the .plr file either.

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

From RF1 controller.ini - did not check in RF2

Alternate Rearlook Activation="1" // if left look and right look are both pressed, rearlook becomes activated

If you press the keys “look left” and “look right” at the same time, you look back if this is set to “1”.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I did'nt change anything in the PLR, works perfectly fine for me.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Interesting, I don't have that look back functionality as I did with ISI-based games.

9. DavidG

DavidG Registered

The championship editor is a must for me. I'd go along with most of the other suggestions too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Updated first post with ISI-server idea, as posted several hours earlier.

11. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Dear ISI,
    As good as this sim is to drive, it is now getting very stale for those of us who do not do online racing. We need a Championship Creator/Editor thingy and we need it quick.

Ta.. :)

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Does anybody else think the RealRoad should be modified a bit? Currently the track only rubbers where the cars drive (understandable) but even just going slightly off the line, where there should also be grip, can feel like a gargantuan task. Also the tire marks should only extend from braking zones, to turns and other areas where there's lateral movement or wheelspin (like starting grid).

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Added an idea about server admins being able to override penalties, like unwarranted stop-and-gos.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Edited first post, improved the wording on a couple of items, added FFB field, and made note of ISI addressing the server bit :).

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

/undq drivername
    is also already possible.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That removes DNQ but can other penalties be removed?

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

This is from rf1 and I think these commands have not changed at all:

/subpenalty [admin/server command removes a penalty from the given player. The following are valid values for : 0=remove one stop/go penalty, 1=remove one drive-thru penalty, 2=remove one longest line penalty, 3=remove all penalties]

more here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...p-a-dedicated-server-or-quick-host-tools-Info

But, I have to admit I never checked this particular penalty command so not 100% sure it works. it probably does though.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks Denstjiro, I'll pass this on to people in the site I race. If it works it'll be great!

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you explain why there would be grip offline?

20. Radar

Radar Registered

I'd like to know this also ? it's never been possible in real life, why would someone want it for rF2 ?

Ho3n3r likes this.