[REL] Celica gto IMSA + semi-fictional track

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by 32_Pixels, Nov 24, 2014.

1. argo0

argo0 Registered

This car is absolutely fantastic fun, very convincing, probably one of the best mods for rfactor 2. Hope nobody is missing out on this. And the track is amazing too.
    Both car and track are top 5 mods for rfactor 2. Anyone who hasn't tried this yet needs to get on it.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's now April and still not a peep from the author :(

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It should be in leagues but the default setup is too difficult to drive, this gets overlooked. It's a huge shame. I drove this first thing when the new build came out.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Last Activity 01-21-15 09:11 PM

I dont know, what this exactly mean, last visit (log in) here?

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes. Not an absolute indication of no modding activity (just not coming on here), but I have been warning since January that it seemed awfully suspicious that this freaking amazing mod dropped out of nowhere and only needs a small amount of work to make it 100% "perfect," but the author disappeared and ceased communication shortly after release.

Presumably he/she was hired by someone after proving their exceptional talent (we hope), or, something bad happened to them and they are unable/unwilling to continue (we hope not)?

6. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Maybe they just don't like bragging about what a fantastic mod they are making like most others do, maybe they just wait until they are finished what they are doing and then just release it, ( lets hope so ;) )

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not to be cynical but at some point I wouldn't blame people for not bothering with mods at all because it is only frustrating when they aren't maintained. Even ISI can't keep their own content current but at least they are showing good faith, especially recently, and of course it is understood that it doesn't make sense to update content if there are pending core updates that will only require another update...

8. FatCity

FatCity Registered

For me, the mod is 99.9999999999999% perfect, the flame graphics don't bother me and the car not showing in the garage isn't great for seeing how your skins look but no big deal, I have no idea on what the performance and handling of the real car would be like but I imagine that the braking simulation could be a little better ( but I am constantly getting my arse kicked by guys in my league that know how to setup there cars better ) , I love this mod as it is, having the author coming in and saying that this or that modification or update is on its way " soon " will only have people coming in and constantly asking when it will be available like in the URD topic, pages and pages of " you promised us this or whens the next update " so if they release when its ready, it will stop all that.
    I agree that if there is no maintaining of a mod people get disheartened with it but I don't think they will stop using mods, after all, RF2 like RF1 will survive whether theres mods or not because its the best going around at this stage.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Pixel surprised all with the GTO out of the blue , no WIP posts , just seems happy to do his thing. I wouldn't be surprised what so ever if he lands a Nissan on us out of the clouds and perhaps with an update for the yota at the same time ,Fixing issues which I agree with the fat guy( ;) ) are only .01%..

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sure hope you are right, but even a brilliant reclusive genius modder could drop a one sentence post saying "stay tuned..." Zero communication is disrespectful in the sense that the mod has received overwhelming good reviews and it deserves to be finished (I will say it is 99% done). If the author is not interested or willing to do that last 1%, then someone else could already be working on it. Instead we are using the still-flawed version hoping that manna will one day fall from heaven. Not a very astute way to operate.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Stop acting as if they owe us any communication. It would be nice if there was a website somewhere for 32_pixels so we could follow independently but as exhaustively mentioned before, this came out of nowhere without prior notice. So?

12. BlkJello

BlkJello Registered

+1

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

This thread is becoming a embarrassing sore on this forum. A gift was given and now people are demanding more. If it's just one person being an arse, ignore and move on.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Every time I read arse, I have Liam Neeson's voice saying it in my head

15. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

That would be nice, but I wouldn't put too much hope in it..
    It's always weird when people disappear, curious to others, his FB page is emptied, his website is gone (32pixels.com), who knows what happens in other people's lives. One day is all good, another day seconds to disaster. Well, let's hope everything is OK at least..

16. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

+1

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+100

18. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

There are quite simply two explanations:

1) 32_Pixels created this mod/track as an 'audition' so to speak and was immediately hired because of the incredible work.

2) 32_Pixels is from a Parallel Universe and during upload, an electromagnetic discharge in the plane between the two worlds caused by the creation of the Higgs-Boson at CERN, forced the data to bound the fabric of space/time and be uploaded onto our Universe's Physical Servers by a process I call 'photonic sublimation'. This explains why we received the gift out of the blue, haven't heard anything from them, cannot get in contact, and haven't gotten the update we so vehemently demand.

I dare anyone to refute that. :cool:

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Explanation 2... seems legit.

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Many many explanations indeed. Maybe this was some form of uni project or something, maybe a nice break is being taken from what I assume was a hell of an effort in terms of work and time, or maybe the next project is being worked on in silence and away from this place and the public eye.