[REL] Caterham7 Classic 1.4K-Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by MikeeCZ, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep this car is so fun to drive. incredible fun. I wish the guys which designed the car in rl.....na...not important. You did really a great job. The car is full of hq details and it looks so natural an real.
    Thank you for sharing. I guess now I'm a Caterham fan.

2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Very fun car. Especially for smaller tracks. But I think more power would make this even more fun.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I believe it's this exquisite balance between lightness and power that makes this car a delight to drive, but power hungry drivers can drive a Caterham with more power, it is already available in RF2, the AC Cobra!
    Cheers.

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I agree, But i wouldn't say no to Caterham 620r :)

5. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Thanks! I will try it in a couple of days.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I will not be making 620R that is for sure, but if the popularity is high enough, i will be strongly considering something racier, but will not go above SigMax or Mega Graduates (140HP with widetrack and stickier tires and some other performance improvements)

Many thanks guys for the kind words, i am very happy you like the car, make sure you rate it on steam workshop too if you can please :)

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Very well done, indeed! There is a wonderful sense of balance while driving it. Tire feel is superb!

Potential improvements: I think a cockpit shifter sound would be warranted as sounded vaguely odd to not hear a mild linkage <thunk> on the soundtrack when I was shifting with the paddles (really need to fix my H-shifter, darn it!).

I'm not sure why, but I don't hear/notice the tire squeal from cockpit view, but it definitely is present from trackside cameras... could be my settings.

It's hard to avoid comparisons with Automobilista's offering. They have similar balance and poise, but I get more satisfaction with yours, MikeeCZ. This may be due to rF2 tire model & FFB asserting itself on a properly made mod. Automobilista has a lower eyepoint view and the cockpit graphics are not as good IMHO.

boblevieux likes this.
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Check your settings, I hear tire squeal from cockpit view.
    Cheers.

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Very well done!
    Thank's to all involved.

10. Timpreza

Timpreza Registered

The Automobilista Caterhams are totally different cars. More power, more grip. They have super grippy Avon ZZR or ZZS tyres, wider tyres at the rear, wide track at the front, and a LSD.
    The Classic here is set slippery skinny 185/60R14 Avon ZV3's, narrow front track, and open diff (unless you add the Titan LSD in the upgrade menu.) It's a whole different driving experience. This is more a classic car than a racecar. Which is what makes it such a fun challenge to go hard in it.

The open diff makes it a lot harder to nail it: It makes it very easy to unsettle the rear under braking, and harder and unpredictable when the inside wheel starts spinning it's power away on throttle. The narrow rear tyres also don't help. There's hardly any weight on the rears when braking. The slightest steering when braking makes the rear brake loose.

11. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I've noticed the suspension is sqeezed down a litte when i togge between abs, TC settings?
    Is there a weight penaity when you enable them?

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

There is, yes

Gijs van Elderen and Guimengo like this.
  13. philman

philman Registered

Usually I do not like to use superlatives to characterize a mod. But I have to say for this one, we are really in presence of something exceptional and in all views; Physics (specialy), 3D, textures, etc ... Everything is almost perfect. It's a great pleasure to drive this machine. Congratulations.

bravotangosix likes this.
  14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well Thank you sir, Im glad to hear that the years of work are showing

15. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

It feels almost redundant to add another "thank you" to this thread, but I too like this mod very much. It shows again how great community created content can be! Thank you sir!

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Congrats, MikeeCZ. Can almost tear myself away from your car & Longford. Too much fun...

17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Having had the pleasure of a passenger ride in a 620S round Cadwell with a pro driver I hope you change your mind. Come on, it's only another couple of years of your life...

Foresight, Guimengo and marmagas like this.
  18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I have no intention to be directly competing with Reiza cars guys, when they released their Cats it was a bit frustrating timing for me given how long was i working on this. I like to think my cats are more race-able, where theirs are more track-day-able

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Thanks for your hard work!

20. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

MikeeCZ and kimikaze like this.