[REL] Caterham Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Major_Parts, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

There is a major oversight on my part...I messed up the helmet settings, so there is only <MAX> head/helmet ... no <HIGH>, <MED> etc. So if you have opponent settings on anything less than "full", the other drivers will be headless, sorry :(
    Another lesser bug is, somewhere between rf1 and rf2, the water temp changed from C to F, or F to C, so the needle doesn't work as it should. The light still flashes when it should though. I need to figure out if the water is heating properly, as it doesn't take a lot to make it overheat.

2. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

No timeframe on an update yet, but I can promise you it will be well worth the wait ;)

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Excellent news and THANKS!

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ahh yeah, that sounds awesome man, can't wait. Great to have another nice little nippy car :)

5. Carlo

Carlo Registered

I can wait (but not too long) ... :)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Very fun to drive, thanks for this new car! :)

One small little problem: Using this car and the standard ISI HUD below and the gear number and speed number appear too small and in red, instead of big and white, so possibly a textures conflict:

View attachment 14206

Versus:

View attachment 14207

If I remember well, PlickBadger had the same problem with the very first beta release of his SpecMiata.

7. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

It's a font conflict. I don't have that HUD in dev mode, and don't use a HUD anyway. I will remove the gears section of the cockpit.ini, as this version doesn't use a gear indicator (the R500 will but has it's own fonts). RF1 version had a gear indicator on the dash, but it shouldn't have done (it was for my benefit during dev and I left it there).

Seeing as how the models are going through a major overhaul, I don't want to put an update out until they are ready, so I hope you can live with this problem til then :)

In the meantime, turn off the HUD cos it's not real :p

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Major thx for sharing this mod with us :) hope all went well with your estimated update. In the meantime I wish you much success an look forward to your next posts .

cu alex

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Agree 100% ;)

When I test a new car, I always test it first with fullscreen view, no cockpit, only this HUD. I don't want to be influenced by graphics, cockpit, moving front tires, etc. and just want to be focused on its physics, FFB and behavior as those stuffs are the most important for me. Other tests and usual driving will be with cockpit later.

I notified this tiny font problem just in case you're not aware and as sometimes such problem can lead to some other bad side-effect (patch, etc.). Not a big deal if it's just a font problem:)

10. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Well I'm glad you do what you do if it brings problems to my attention :) Although I don't use a HUD, I have had HUD's on during testing, mainly the multidial, which also has a slight problem...the RPM doesn't match with the cockpit dial. The cockpit dial is correct with RPM, and having not messed about with HUD elements, I am unsure as to why that would be different. I will get to the bottom of that too before any update.

11. cbrew73

cbrew73 Registered

1st let me say thank you. I am brand new to pc racing. I downloaded the Caterham and quite like it. My problem is that the car runs out of rpms midway through 3rd gear. Has anyone else experienced this?

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Try to remove the pit speed limiter perhaps? check key configuration, mine is set to a button on the wheel. You should have the same problem with lot of car: e.g. Clio

13. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

max revs is 7000 rpm, unless you're expecting more, it should be right

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

U might be only shifting wihout using clutch and with auto clutch aid off, might that be the case?

15. cbrew73

cbrew73 Registered

Clutch is enabled, had not checked pit speed limiter. Will try again when I get home tonight.