[REL] Caterham Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Major_Parts, Aug 16, 2014.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

perhabs i was beign a bit too harsh, sorry. But do really caterhams loose rear so much when you coarse thru corners? Differencials with 3% lock?

2. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

You'd have to ask someone who drives the granny out of one :D Maybe the physics lost or gained something in the crossover from 1 to 2 ? I'll look into it.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You made the right choice man. Thanks for bringing us in on this wonderful mod. It's going to kick ass, I can tell.

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Disagree 100%.

5. I had nothing but fun with this Caterham CLASSIC.

I ran 29 cars on the Nords for at least an hour this afternoon, an the only thing I wish I could of changed was the gearing and make a few more changes in the setup, but I have spent hours on rf1 with this car so I knew what it was going to be like.

Will you be making the Superlight R400 ? maybe that will be more to the general publics taste.

6. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Once I sort out the other tyre types, all the rf1 classes will be put back in. That's only another 2 types of tyre...or 3, seeing as the cr500's have bigger tyres at the back. I've already started on the Academy tyre, the cr322.
    I dusted off rf1 this evening and found that the slides were more controllable. With rf2, they still drive as I would expect and have been informed as such...understeer into corners that turns to oversteer when you lift off. I was always crap at driving them though :)
    Something else I noticed with rf1 1.4 Classic...there was a choice of standard and close ratio gearboxes. So I shall look into enabling that for next time. A lot of people misunderstand the gears (not saying you do) and think that they should be getting more out of 5th, but that is just the overdrive gear for fuel economy.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Awesome MP. Great to hear you are planning to include all rF1 models and also that you are consulting the rF1 physics, which are amazing and I should say that the reason I downloaded the rF1 mod was because it was on so many "favorite rF1" threads out there I just had to try it and I understood immediately why it was so popular. It's funny that you announced this mod for rF2 right after I mentioned it in the "losing mods to AC" thread. I will come back and link it because such a coincidence.

Edit, here it is http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=299400

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Could you maybe send me that link with PM? :) Don't necessarily want to open account just for this :p

9. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

10. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Love the mod. Ta very much. :cool:

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I used it for rf1 but I didn't even know that it's even operational anymore before this. Don't remember my old sign up information. So far I have found most of needed content here in the forums. But thanks :)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks for this MP... not at home just now but really looking forward to trying this on my return. :)

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thought that from current cars ISI's Panoz is closest counterpart to this car?

So, compared to that, this car has little less power and is a bit easier to drive (doesn't slide so much). I thought that it was harder to push on limit than Panoz because I didn't feel the tyres as good as I do with Panoz. Also slides went uncontrollable pretty fast when you really tried to push.

I like the tyre sounds and many options in tuning menu. Some graphical tweaks are needed. Thanks and keep it up!

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

any screenies some one could postof this car :)
    cheers

15. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What a great start! Looking forward to the evolution of this car. It's already very fun to drive and seemingly quite authentic.

18. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Nice car, keep on!

19. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Looking forward to updates. Any time frame?

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Any news for the update??...I love your car and I'm very eager to see it!