Cars float to much on track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FilipV, Jan 11, 2012.

1. FilipV

FilipV Registered

Aswell for single player as online play: One of the things I wanted to see being changed is the movement of the car on the track. But it hasn't :(. The car slides too much over the track, almost floating. Car movement isn't realistic like in iRacing when you use TV cam. In-car movement is great. That's a big dissapointment for me atm.

2. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Agreed.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm not sure if it helps, but make sure you have enabled high quality replays mode

4. FilipV

FilipV Registered

I will check it tonight and post it here.

5. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

If you're just talking about replays, you're right, but I think this is where rF2 really shows itself as a beta. Time will tell, but the replays will need some work for sure. I have to think the team is very well aware of this.

6. FilipV

FilipV Registered

I hope so, because it doesn't look very realistic. Certainly not when there will be LIVE broadcasted events comming up. If the outside doesn't tell that much, they will be no match to iracing and that would be a big shame because in my opinion the physics are better, they give much more feel.

7. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Again with people who don't understand what a Beta is, anything that doesn't feel right will be unfinished, they have 6 months of dev time left on this title. :rolleyes:

8. ethone

ethone Registered

Is it just a graphical thing?
    I found that the shadows switch off relatively quickly and cars which don't cast a shadow look a bit like they're floating above the track instead of driving on it.

9. NobbyRacing2012

NobbyRacing2012 Registered

Y'all do realize that this is just a Beta Version ... right ...?

10. Arbuzzz_OSRW

Arbuzzz_OSRW Registered

I don not agree... To drive a race car should be very hard! Its not a simple game, it's simulator! I enjoy that! It's should be like that!

11. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

A few things on this subject:

1) I agree with MaXyM that replay detail level is important, and that there will be future replay improvements (for example, not all of the tire deformation works correctly in replay at the moment - there's a lot of data there and we have to be careful not to create 10-terabyte replay files).

2) Some additional work on shadows has already been done but did not make it into this release. Again, there will likely be additional improvements in the future.

3) Most (all?) of the tracks released were largely completed before the new collision and new tire code was active. Now in rF1, the tracks were physically filtered due to the low-polygon graphics geometry, so intentional bumps were often exaggerated in order to be felt, and some of this was carried over to rF2, simply because that's what the artists were working with. Future tracks will basically eliminate this filtering which is mostly unnecessary for today's high-polygon tracks. For modders' information, a key variable to set is "HATFilterMaxOffset" in the TDF file - we would now recommend setting this to a very small value like 0.001 (which literally means a maximum of 1mm difference between the graphics and physics track). Setting it to exactly 0.0 *might* be okay if your mesh is super dense, but it eliminates any possibility of the rF2 creating smooth curves between the flat triangle geometry.

Hope this helps.

12. FilipV

FilipV Registered

Why you suggest thats because of the BETA? Rfactor also had this problem so I only hope that it will be changed. I know what a BETA is lol and I'm starting this topic because I hope this will get the attention to one of the developers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012