Cars disappearing after update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Charles F. Castor Jr., Feb 2, 2020.

1. Charles F. Castor Jr.

Charles F. Castor Jr. Registered

After last update some of my cars have disappeared, some I’ve paid for from steam, (Corvette C7.R) others I’ve downloaded from steams workshop. I’ve done somethings to try to get them back (uninstalling an reinstalling the cars) but no luck. Any ideas?

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Are you using the new UI? I've seen it happen there. I know I posted about it in the bug threads, but no mention from S397 if it'll be included in their UI patch coming soon.

I've reverted back to the original UI, and the cars appeared

3. Charles F. Castor Jr.

Charles F. Castor Jr. Registered

No same old UI

4. twinrix

twinrix Registered

Yep, same problem here. Im using the simskin VLN skins for GT3 most of the time. Since the BOP update all custom skins for the cars that received an update are gone.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the skin pak will need to be updated to meet the latest standards of the new cars. Won't be the last time this happens either.

6. twinrix

twinrix Registered

Yeah that was my guess. However i wonder why an BOP update leads to incompatible skins. Cant see the reason for that.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My guess is they took the opportunity of pushing out the BOP to also include some graphic fix/change/improvement and that most likely broke the skinpak.

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

It's because the update changes the version number of the original car (eg Bentley is now v2.56 / 2.57) and the skin pack will be pointed toward the old version number.

9. twinrix

twinrix Registered

Ah okay. That kinda makes sense :) Thanks!

10. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Yup that would be it. That is the main reason why I despise skins being released as .rfcmp updates. The whole skin addon system needs to be redone IMO.

davehenrie likes this.
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have made my own skin packs and it takes but a moment to update them to the new versions. But if the original writer of the skin pack is not straight on to it, it can be a pain losing your cars. If you uninstall the skin pack though, you will get them back. Not ideal, but do-able.:rolleyes: