Cars are too small

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by saloei, Jan 17, 2012.

1. kmw

kmw Registered

I agree this is a weird thread :) - What has the era that CTDP chosen to reproduce, got to do with rF2's technology? It would still make use of the games technology even if it was a Roman chariot race mod lol!
    I'm really looking forward to the 94 mod, should be brilliant.

2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Weird thread or not, i agree with saloei. The immediate feeling that i get, when i first time start replay of my lap(default settings) is like, i seeing a toy car. Yes a little cars with wireless controller :). Maybe this is just a camera or something else, i don't know, but right now, i don't really enjoy in replays from 3rd person. The cars simply look like toys to me. Other than that is great for me in beta perspective. For me is this game like in alpha stage, because lot of thing missing and will be change not only to final version, but much after that.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Indeed, I would be grateful for some technical explanation from devs

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Maybe old track has wrong scale.

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Guys, seriously, everything's to scale. Unless there are some fairly major export quirks you'd have to be pretty bad at what you were doing to produce a car or track that was noticeably off-scale as a modder, let alone a sim developer. It's either your FOV or your imagination.

6. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

That is the catch. If we scale everything together, sure all be perfectly fine. Maybe i am not express right myself. I mean more of how the car feel together with track, not how the car itself look by high, wide, length. This parameters sure scale alright with track, i have no doubt about that. But in the end i get funny felling about cars. Why is that i don't really know. If this is just my imagination, then i must been really special one, that my imagination only appears in rf2 :) Ok in the end really isn't that bad but is funny enough, that my brain and eyes, can't put this under the carpet :)

7. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

what fov you running with?

8. Dahie

Dahie Registered

Yet, tracks in GP4 had constantly a wrong scale for trackside objects to give a "better" sense of immersion. However, I can assure you didn't do this on the 2006 mod as shown in the pictures of the first post. ;)

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Default.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It may be thereason. Default means that rf uses default fov defined for car by modder. Set it to some number in gfx settings, then do screenshots again

11. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

No, in, behind, near-car view is fine. I am talking about 3rd person camera view in replays. When the car is near you is ok, but when the distance between you and car become bigger and bigger the car naturally become smaller and smaller thats still ok. But maybe in some distance car become to small? Or to quick become to small? I don't know.

12. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Aye, Crammond was a bit of an outdated hack by the time the 00s rolled around.

No, it's a perspective thing or imagined. The cars do not change scale at all, they are simply subject to the same perspective as everything else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

is it possible to change the size of a car on screen? I use to play in a monitor witch match the size of cockpit with the size of the wheel. But when i change to bigger screen, the cockpit is too large. If setup higher fov to match cockpit size with wheel i see too much distance between wheel and painel of the car. I always wondered if this could be changed.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

In theory, depending on display size, aspect ratio and distance to the screen, setting up FOV and seat position whould be enough.

15. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

In theory. I can adjust the fov to size matches, but only if i low eyes to my point of view aligning the wheel and the cockpit. The problem is the driver position is not whith the wheel on the eye level, but about shoulders level. And when in this position i can see all the distance between wheel and the screen and the cockpit strained.

I don´t know if you are understanding what am i try to tell cause its hard to me to express myself in english. I apologize to all for this but i didn´t know any good forum with rF2 subject good as that in my native language.