[WIP] Car voting - What cars do you want to see in rFactor2?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 8, 2021.

1. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It look like Chief is underway on my first option, Porsche 917-30.
    Porsche 914-6 in full race prep
    Porsche 904 & 906
    Single Seater Can Am
    Ferrari 333SP
    Ford RS200

2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Pagani Zonda R best V12 of the world
    599XX + enzo FXX also best V12 + GT1 MC12

STREET CARS which strongly lack :
    - FWD like Megane RS or Focus RS
    - Supra, Exige S, supercars 70/80/90/2000s
    - Impreza STI 90s, Lancer...

A Racing Truck like AMS 1
    Love to see a 2010 or 2020s WRC.......
    Etc...

3. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Crazy ideas here, many I do love as well. Curious to the results afterwards. Some projects are indeed very cool to make but the public is very small for a 7 months work project. A very good mod needs a lot homework as well to make sure it's 100% solid. This is important for the success. One I really recommend is this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2457963752&searchtext= Feels great (old spring alike) and sounds amazing.[​IMG]

Eric Rowland and Denis Betty like this.
  4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Group 5

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  6. Frederick Alonso

Depending on what some people want I have the idea to do a collaboration with many people on this forum instead. Imagine with 5 - 6 guys doing it online while having some sort of storybook (tutorial style). Once the 3D model is complete and the UVW mapping done it can go really fast to have a great car out.

Another idea would be to have the Group 5 line up (a longer term project) for example. But the main question and why I started is simple. If enough people have interest it's really worth building something. If you work on a big mod with 5 - 6 cars we are looking at 3 years work in a lot free time at home. Afterwards it would be sad if only 100 people have interest in it for example.
    In short I can also say at this moment I have 3 people, 2 of them are willing to buy a TSQuid model as base to rework including the rights to have it released for free. My buddy has a very cool Le Mans car that would be a great addition as well.

So I'm really curious even after all the cars that mentioned here how much votes it would get.

Denis Betty and Donat like this.
  7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm working myself on cars for my self for now... Including some of those mentioned earlier by @MiguelVallejo. I mentioned those I did out of pure selfishness, because there are no decent models of those available that aren't 15+ years old

But indeed, when you have the 3D and mapping nailed, everything can start to take shape incredibly fast.

8. Donat

Donat Registered

Yes this one is awesome, you can really feel the rear engine is indeed in the back.

9. Donat

Donat Registered

But nice to see people suggesting older cars, personally tired of these new cars, so yeah nice change.

nonamenow likes this.
  10. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

IMG_20211009_204650.jpg IMG_20211009_204719.jpg IMG_20211009_204738.jpg
    Any version of the courage c60 chassis from 2002 to 2006 is fantastic. It would be great to have them in rfactor2.
    Of course any version after 2006, too.

pkelly likes this.
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I''d get it ingame easily... But 89 bucks is a lot :D

12. Frederick Alonso

90$ for a good car is actually cheap I think but I get the idea from a user standpoint. Let's say if you could work 10 hours a day, I think in 1,5 months the model is done including mapping. But for us as modders it's like spending it away on turbosquid to give someone else a free car and give credits like it should to the model maker. Feels a bit wrong financially. While you never can say it's your work.

From my view, we do many projects and need to select those few awesome projects to keep up with the flow. If I spend 7 - 9 months after work to complete a car I can also just do some freelance webdesign and earn a lot more money that I can spend on 10 turbosquid cars while reaching far more results. :rolleyes:

atomed likes this.
  13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yeah I get that completely... I'm not skilled or probably rather patient enough to sit down and learn 3D modelling...
    I take what I can get though. Honestly 90 dollars isn't much in my budget. I could do if I was 100% certain the model was up to my wishes and would fit into my way or working... Some day I might just acquire it to have it join my 03 LM-grid....

14. Simonk

Simonk Registered

This is a great mod but it makes me car sick for some reason. Never had a problem like it before. It needs some competition to race against to hint....hint....

15. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Have you seen this thread https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-rsr-2-8l.47265/page-3. ?
    Post #59 is by the author of the mod that you linked. He explains that the physics are borrowed from S397 cars and he suggests that he would allow the physics to be updated. Later in the thread he accepts help from @Mauro with a bug which made the car go into slow motion on certain tracks. I think the model looks really great. Maybe @Sderenno would consider collaborating with you on some mods?

My suggestion for a mod would be an Alfa GTA to race against the Lotus Cortina. But whatever you decide, if you make at least one tin top from the 60s/70s I would be made up. Cheers.

16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

ZC1, EF9, EG6 and EK4 Civic Si/SiRs vs AE82, AE86, AE92 and AE101 Corolla Levins/Sprinter Truenos, preferably Group A specs - so we can replicate these 1990s carnage riddled battles at Macau
    1990s GT1 (Mercedes CLK GTR/LM, McLaren F1, Nissan R390, Audi R8C) vs LMP (Ferrari 333SP, BMW V12 LMR, Nissan R391, Audi R8R)

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Maybe you could team up with Race Sim Studio from AC. They allready got the 3D modells for AC. I heard they wanted to bring their cars to rF2 but somehow they got stuck in the process. I would really love to finally see their mod in rF2:cool:

Manfredk2 and Radkappe like this.
  18. Frederick Alonso

Wait so the car is a conversion? If so we might in the future replace the model with a fresh one we can arrange.

19. Frederick Alonso

Good to know, will reach out to them and hope it's free of copyright. At least I want it on paper/digital document approval before working on it.

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I reckon the 3D-model is ripped from Project Cars 2