KNOWN Car starting from behind the pitlane

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Risto Kappet, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

What is the reason in rFactor2 you spawn on the track behind the pitlane, not inside your box? What is the limitation?
    This "feature" adds to the difficulty of getting started with rF2, I know several people who have been really put off from having to navigate the scenery of Indy before reaching the track for example.

Juss Parek likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My guess would be two-fold. 1) the drive from the garage area to the track enhances the atmosphere of the circuit. You see more detail of what goes on behind the scenes. 2) By keeping the cars away from pit lane, it may help performance as you won't have 30+ cars sitting parked on pitlane at any given time.
    Finding your way CAN be confusing the first or second time, but should be relatively easy after that. Best suggestion would be to try new tracks offline first and follow an AI driven car out. Let the computer show the way. I think of Lime Rock Park where you have to drive behind the pits and well past them before you turn and join pitlane.

DJCruicky likes this.
  3. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Yeah but in real life, except if it's a track day scenario, in a race championship, you as a driver would be stepping in the car and starting from in or infront of the pit area, not the support garages