"car specific ffb"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by metalhead7, Aug 4, 2014.

1. metalhead7

metalhead7 Registered

I know this is ridiculous, but I just have to have these settings so high! I am aware of so-called 'ffb clipping' issues. well, anyway, have about 26 for skippy, 36 for howsten, etc,.. it's just that I'm not feeling enough with my G25 wheel. I love the wheel, and I love the ffb effects in RF2, but I just have to put these 'car specific ffb' settings very high! how crazy is this?

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Have you read my guide (provided in my signature)?

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Are you saying you have the ffb mult. at 26 and 36 for those two cars? LOL. I wonder if my wheel would break first or my monitor would fall off my desk with that setting. No offense but your ffb must be horrible.

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You probably mean 1.26 and 1.36.

I understand. I started out like that, but once you learn to recognize more subtle effects, you won't leave it that high. I know the floppy centre is annoying, but as soon as you turn, you probably don't feel anything. Funnily enough, I replayed some Simraceway recently and had to delete it because that's how the FFB feels. Super stiff and unresponsive, like trying to steer a rock.

5. Maug

Maug Registered

Or he's talking about the FFB filter.

6. metalhead7

metalhead7 Registered

no, it feels great. it isn't that powerful, it just feels better when it's really high.

7. metalhead7

metalhead7 Registered

oh wait. what is the matter with me(lol). of course it's not that high. ha ha, it's 1.36 for the skippy, about the same or 1.34 for the howsten. pay me no mind, i'm insane.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

What are your values in your Logitech profiler/driver?

Because with 100% on Global Forces and 0% on others, I run the Skip National with 0.90, If I put 115% in global forces of the driver I use 0.6 in Car Specific FFB.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

+1

I think his problem is predominantly with the lightness in ffb in the low forces (initial ffb deadzone) but i could be wrong and he has implemented the solutions in my guide but the wheel is still too loose for his liking. If so, there are better ways than just upping the car specific ffb multiplier to get an even stronger low end without causing ffb clipping with too high a car specific ffb multiplier.

10. metalhead7

metalhead7 Registered

ok. first how do i get the guide? second, to answer your query maD_King, in the profiler, 100% force, 0% on all others is what i always use. since my wheel is G25 i use 900 degrees. but anyway, how to get a little more force on the wheel without the car-specific ffb multi? that's pretty much my only complaint that i'm just not feeling enough with a value of 1.0 or less. but when you come down to it, 1.36 is really not that big of an increase. sorry for taking so long to reply to your threads but just came home from work.(lol)

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I think your problem is perhaps you got the "empty" forces in the middle (like me), so rear the tutorila done by DrR1pper : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...Factor-2-guide-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D to adjust the "Steering Torque Minimum" parameter in your controler.json (let Cars specific FFB Mult to 1.0 when you tweak the Steering Torque Minimum (out of the game running).

12. metalhead7

metalhead7 Registered

would you mind repeating that in english? just kidding. thanks

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I'm french, so sometime I have some problem to write clear English descriptions :)

Check your "Steering Torque Minimum" value (shall be 0) in your Userdata/player/controler.json
    Let your driver value to 100% (like yours)
    Set the FFB Mult for the car to 1.0

And now, quit your game, increase the "Steering Torque Minimum" by step of 0.01, and relaunch your game. Make this until your wheel oscillate a bit at low speed without any hand on it.
    When you will find this balance, drive the car, I think you will not increase the FFB Mult after that.

I hope it's more clear ;)

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

metalhead7….read the guide

If you do, you'll know what to do and more importantly why you should do what is advised in it. All is explained in the guide.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

What guide are you talking about?

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

In my signature