Car Skin Aliasing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Empty Box, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I've been playing around with this for a while but just can't seem to find the right combo.

I've gone back to using the ingame antialiasing settings (currently using level 8 on a GTX 670). I'm happy with the way everything is looking and running - except for the cars themselves. The skins of cars in the distance are jaggy, aliased messes - while the shapes of the cars themselves are what you would expect - they look nice. Doesn't matter the car, doesn't matter the Opponent Detail setting, the skin itself just doesn't quite look right. Not a major thing, but would be nice to know if anyone has any ideas?

Previously I forced AA through the driver settings because "way back when" the ingame AA was pretty bad (and the transparent trees of Feels3) and found - still do - it better in that area, but considering what always seems to happen with the trees when doing so now it's better overall just to have the cars look worse off.

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

put texture and your opponent on top or max
    In principle this should set things against but you will lose some of FPS blow out

3. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Already done so. Up close they look as expected and just fine, it's off in the distance (say 2 seconds in front of you) it becomes noticeable.

4. boxer

boxer Registered

Could it be Anisotropic filtering / Texture Filtering settings? - in game go to Display->Texture Filter = Set it to X16

5. TPG

TPG Registered

6. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Is a 3rd party mod? if so, is possible that the car textures are not mip-mapped, the last mod i remember that textures are not mip-mapped is the ASR 1992 mod.

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I use driver AA Matt, the ISImotors AA is only for textures, not geometry (Everything that has a texture with alpha channel will get smoothed out, but all of the actual model shapes will stay jaggy)