Car Selection Menu and Track Tow Truck

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MapleHamwich, Aug 19, 2013.

1. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

I would like to see a more efficient car selection menu. Currently, it is way too cumbersome to select a vehicle. An alphabetized grid selection of car types makes the most sense. Especially with the "card" type menu that currently exists. Functionally it would work in a parent menu-sub menu dynamic. Initially you would have a grid of car types to choose from. That parent grid selection will then take you to a sub grid selection of car skins and the tuning menu. Implementing this type of menu system would greatly reduce the cumbersome nature of selecting vehicles that currently exists in rFactor 2.

I would also like to see a "Tow Truck" type option for assistance to the pit when you have crashed. Currently, I am only aware of the "escape option" when you have a crash. But that is not ideal, as you lose your historical lap times and sector information. There needs to be a way to return to the pits and keep your lap/sector information. This is especially important in the practice race type. When you are racing on the limit and doing your best to improve your time by tenths you need to have the data to know where you are improving/lacking. If you have a crash that results in a painful drive around the track to the pit, or an engine failure that prevents driving back to the pit, it creates a barrier to motivation to continue to improve. That is where a tow truck option would really help the sim out.

2. BerScott

BerScott Registered

+1

Totally agree. Actually I have a collection of street cars all implemented in a single mod and it would help a lot. The actual menu style would result on a mess to select all cars I have. Think I have almost 550 street cars, how can I select a specific car with the actual menu?

Maybe I've not search well, but I've performed a search and this is the only thread I've find talking about this. I'm really surprised about it. If is there some thread talking about this subject, can someone paste the link here?

So nice idea MapleHamwich, that is what I have in mind and hope ISI devs do something. The new menu is modern, but the old Rfactor 1 style is more useful. Hope this thread have some feedback.

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

You could use the listed view in combination with useful car/team categories ;)

Anyhow I absolutely agree that the UI needs an overhaul! So please allow me the cross-reference to my wish-thread ;)

4. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

"but the old Rfactor 1 style is more useful. "

Exactly!

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It really is saying something when people think the rFactor 1 interface was vastly superior. If you click the top right to change into list view, it makes things far more easier in rF2.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's saying something else when they're asking for something they already have, a list view.

7. Danielo944

Danielo944 Registered

I agree, the UI feels kind of clunky and counter-intuitive. The game on the other hand is a blast though!

At the moment I'd like to see some UI mods, but there don't appear to be any so far.