Car falls to nowhere --> Can't do AIW

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Jepsertti, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

Hello! I'm learning 3DS Max and already made basic track profile and just a simple pit road. I've placed xfinish, xsector1, xsector2, xpitin and xpitout on places. I'm able to export the track to devmode and start the game but.. After the track loads, the car just falls to nowhere (due to not having AIW file fitting the track) but the problem is that how am I able to make the car land on track, instead of falling just to nowhere... I can't record the AIW file, because there's no possibility to move when the car is just landed on something... Could someone please help me? :)

PS. (for ISI) Is there any changes of making 3DS Max 2013 plugin..? This 2010 version doesn't work well with Windows 8. (Only problem is that right-click menu leaves dead area and have to restart 3DS Max)

2. Bink

Bink Registered

Hi.. When there is NO aiw file, rFactor "drops" the car at 0x, 0y, 0z.

If there is nothing to drive on under that position, your car will continue falling.

So.. If there is not track surface at 0,0,0... you have to put one there for the car to "land" on.

The 'landing pad' (and anything you want to drive on) needs to have the Exporter set with the "Collide" and "HAT" check-boxes checked.

Also.. the (rFactor) gMotor Material that you assign to the surface in 3dsMax should be named starting with "Road"..... so road001, roadEntry, road_clean, are all OK to use.

[These names that drivable surfaces are defined with are named in the rFactor2 .tdf file... you can also 'drive' on surfaces that start with "grass"... Grass004, grassDirt.. etc There are other surfaces you can drive on as well... Look-up "RealRoad" in the rF2 Track Tech doc.]

Drive carefully..

edit: I had that right-click problem with an older version of max... What worked for me was to re-size the window (that max is running in) so that it is not full screen. Then, using your mouse, click and hold on the top bar of the window, and drag the window down and off of the viewable area on the monitor. When you drag the window back on to the viewable survface, the 'dead' area is no longer dead. You can also try Max's "Redraw All Views" (think it is on the view menu).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013