Car configuration idea

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by erosshd, Mar 2, 2018.

1. erosshd

erosshd Registered

Hi, im quite new on the motorsport world, and in my opinion to a "new" simracer like me i hard to make and understand the set up options, and i would like to get some small text in all the different options of the set up saying what is each one and how affects changing the stadistics of that thing

Louis likes this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

"Tool Tips" in the Setup Screens is a long wished for item, hopefully the new UI will have this built in :)

Louis and erosshd like this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm surprised that back 2012 ISI didn't try and rename the rF manual to the rF2 manual to placate those pesky customers. ;)
    I think what MarcG suggests is far more realistic now with S397 at the helm.
    You just have to see the info and guides S397 have released for modders to realise they are listening to the constant requests for info.

4. Louis

Louis Registered

Like "onmouseover" then a text box appears showing what expect when changing that setting.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Yep, place mouse over item as you said or my preference would be a small check box as I'm not a fan of hover and wait type pop ups.
    Having the tool tip text appear in a fixed location "box" so as to not obscure other garage data would please me.
    Of coarse any type of tool tip should be optional.
    Tool tips have obviously been on the drawing board as there is the option in the player.json /Game Options/ "Tooltips":true,

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Louis likes this.
  6. Louis

Louis Registered

Agreed. Better how you said.