Car Comparison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Track:
    Croft

Cars:
    Bayro T5 - ~1.17 (by UnitedRacingDesing)
    Nissan GT-R - ~1.21 (by ISI)
    Corvette C6.r GT2 - ~1.21.5 (by ISI)
    Maserati Trofeo Gran Turismo 2012 - ~1.25 (by Tommy78, sorry I dont know if you made this with a mod team, but you have a cool name. My name is Tommi and I was born 78 aswell :p)

I went and took same vehicles, some AI with me and drove about 10 laps each car. What I found out was quite interesting.
    I was using the default setups so question, which one of the cars was the best, really isnt the issue here, but it went pretty much how I expected, from myself and from AI.

Each spring with each car I drove till I felt like it was mostly a mistake free lap and I ended up with few seconds (some more than others) in front of 95% AI best time atm.

About the cars:
    Bayro has too much grip, or then it just has perfect default setup, but either way its like a train. Even if that is the case I think it is too stable and its hard to get the rear off with throttle. I would think that a 500hp touring car would give more wheel spin when flooring. It lacks in ffb input compaired to the others. Its engine sound is also way too low compaired to the gearbox squeeling.
    Other than the things mentioned above, its fun to drive and deffinetly a good car to race with, since its more forgiving to mistakes one might make. I'm sure that this will get much love in the future.
    Nissan is great and potentially a challanging drive. It does stay under your control fairly well, but can suprise you if you lose focus. Something needs to be done to the sounds tho, they are just plain weird when viewing from the trackside cams, and misses the rasp and power from the cockpit view.

Corvette is great aswell. Its very nice to drive with its twichy tail and temperamental power output. All I would add to that is that its sound could use some of that infamous rasp.
    Maserati has too foggy looking windshield. Its actually distracting since its like looking thru a plastic bag. Sounds are good, but are also missing plenty of rasp compaired to the real life counterpart.

The default brakes are really poorly adjusted for Maserati and it takes alot of effort for it not to wiggle while braking. I'm fairly confident that I could have gotten close to the corvette time with mere brake adjustment.
    Its fun to drive, little less lateral traction than the others and sometimes it feels like its hydroplaning, but it could be about the settings, I dont know.