Car comes to sudden stop

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Bill Malicoat, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Bill Malicoat

Bill Malicoat Registered

Just debugging a few things on the cars, waiting on more tutorials on the tires so we can make some real headway. but while playing around we had this strange issue where the car comes to a sudden stop for no apparent reason. Anyone have an idea what is going on in this video clip?

2. toebee

toebee Registered

Looks like you have a gmt marked with hat and/or collide that shouldn't be. Probably hitting one of the tracks xsector objects

3. bison160

bison160 Registered

Doubt that..he is using joesville...looks like an unedited version to me, but maybe he can shed some light on that.

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Check your Checkpoints.

5. toebee

toebee Registered

I meant on the car not the track, but now that I think about it he probably wouldn't get off pit road if that was the case.

6. Bill Malicoat

Bill Malicoat Registered

It happens at random spots in the turn and seems to have more to do with how much yaw the car has in it. This is a dirt oval style car and it should have a lot of yaw in the turns... We are running it at the joesville without any edits until we get working dirt tracks in the game.

7. bison160

bison160 Registered

Ahh, i see what your saying. I read that completely wrong toebee...haha. But none the less, you still have a collision object for the car, and if a collision model could hit the x sectors then no car would be able to go through them, or the pitin/out poly's.

Bill, What size wheels are you using. I assume that video was in replay. If the sidewalls are flexing, maybe more than the replay shows, in real time, maybe you are hitting a wheel model or frame on the ground when it goes into yaw and pushes the sidewall over/down. Try taking out the collision object if you have one and make sure none of the objects on the vehicle are set to "collide" so you basically cant hit anything. You should be able to go through walls and such if you have it right. At least then you can debunk my theory.

8. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Seems like something in your tyres is causing the physics engine to 'explode' and it's going to a fail-safe state to stop rF2 CTD'ing. It's pretty hard to diagnose without more information. But I'm fairly certain it'll be a problem with the TGM. The easiest starting point would be to try increase the ring damping in the TGM file. If that works, then probably look at making your tyres a bit softer in the future.

9. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

I had the same issue with my front tyres and reverted to a previous file and it quit, my rf hops like crazy now still haven't figured that quite out. Any other tips on a sliding sideways car Michael?

10. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Tim Bennet :
    Do you think it's the same problem we have lorqu'on pass on some curbs in Malaysia?

Also when it comes in packages of 2 vehicles?

thank you

11. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

If i had to guess, the rim is contacting the track and like Michael said stopping the car and throwing it into neutral is a fail safe so it doesn't crash.

Once we get more info on the tgm and can build proper tires we will all understand more. So yes f1ligue it sounds like the same issue. The force the curbs have may be causing you the same problem as we have on the track, we run very low air pressures so that has some to do with it as well.

12. autodieb

autodieb Registered

too much steering angle. i had this happen to me when i "buggered about" with the trainer car. just upped the max possible steps on steering angle in god knows what file (where all the upgrade options are i think)...

trying to drift like youre doing is what made me put full lock on and doing stuff like in your video.