Car Category issue when editing

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by matt ransley, Aug 16, 2022.

1. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

I am trying to change the category of the new BTCC Ford Focus ST and Hyundai i30 to put them into a "British Touring Car" category, which I already have in game.
    I currently have this category which I have 28 teams in, including the new Infinity and Toyota BTCC.

For some reason, when I edit the category for the two latest BTCC content, they both disappear from the car select menu.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this, or why it is different for the new content ?

Thanks

2. redapg

redapg Registered

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

All you need to do is edit the teams, I think it's the bottom line, should start with Ford I think, just put whatever you want before that.

4. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

So I have done this many times before, very simple to do. Its just a case of changing the very bottom line as in the picture which I have done for 26 other BTCC cars as in the bottom screenshot. BUT for some reason the latest Hyundai i30 and Focus ST vanish from the car select menu.
    upload_2022-8-16_19-0-36.png

upload_2022-8-16_19-4-53.png

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, but that is not what i mean. :)
    How do you get it into the Game then?
    Do you extract the veh File, edit it, put it back into the mas and save it?
    Or do you create an Update rfcmp for the Cars with the new Category?
    Or do you maybe do something else?
    I just want to know it, to maybe notice a Reason why it doesn't work as expected, because i can not try it out here, because i don't own these 2 Cars yet, but maybe someone else can do it, to try to reproduce the Problem..

6. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

I always use MAS2 to extract the .veh file, do the edits then re-pack, save etc which usually works without issue

7. Flaux

Flaux Registered

(So, that is what I would need to do to get rid of the fictional skins, right?)

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Are the other Cars selectable in their original Category?
    Maybe the edited MAS File gets detected and the whole Mod is handled as a corrupted Mod, so the Cars won't be selectable in the Menu anymore.

9. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

If I just add "British Touring Car" category to the original (Ford, Focus BTCC 2022) then the whole Ford category is deleted and not available. So it does seem to get corrupt somewhere during the re-pack. Maybe changing the compression speed might fix this ??

10. redapg

redapg Registered

You can try it out.
    A first Indicator, if S397 uses the same MAS2 Tool that we have, is maybe the Size of the saved MAS File.
    Because you only change a few Letters, the Size should be the same or almost the same.
    Do all the other Cars still appear, that you have edited before?
    If yes, it would be a bit strange, because i suppose that you saved the MAS in the same Way, as you did it now, right?
    If you can not get it working, i would suggest to use an Update rfcmp.
    In that Way, the original DLC stays untouched and if you want to drive the Cars online, you only have to move the Folder with that Update out of the Installed.. Folder.

matt ransley likes this.
  11. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

Yes, all the other cars I have changed still appear with no problem and I am doing exactly the same process I have used for the last few years. If this doesn't work I will try the rfcmp update - although this is something I have never done so will look for instructions !

Thanks so much for your help

12. redapg

redapg Registered

If you need some Help with it, open a private Conversation with me.