SOLVED Can't start ModManager

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Miro, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

The last thing I did is joined a server online where I got the track and mod over the GetMod button.

Just before everything was fine. rF2 works still fine and I can deinstall the vMods through the user interface but I have no acces to the Mod Manager.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Miro

Miro Registered

This is now really a problem for me. I can't install mods nor can I uninstall something to see if a mod caused that.

If there is any way to uninstall cars and tracks other than through the mod manager please can somebody point me there.
    Only solution I know would be to install rF2 from scratch but I just did that a week ago or something and it would be really PITA to do it again as there are a lot of settings I need to adjust again.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Make a new install from lite in a separate folder. Put some components in the newly created packages folder and run mod manager from the new launcher. If it works you will have to reinstall everything.

If this is a big problem for you, definitely rF2 is not the most suitable sim for you.

enviado mediante tapatalk

4. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Obviously those components which you acquired with GetMod were somehow broken and caused modmgr to not start. Get rid of them and it should work again. Better yet, show me where I can get these broken cmps so I can see how to deal with them.

5. Miro

Miro Registered

Well........ thx. :)

I had to delete the mods from the packages folder. Everything else was not working.

Found the mod (allcars-circuit.rfmod) causing the issue. Download link. http://www.file-upload.net/download-8871324/allcars-circuit.rfmod.html

BUT I am not sure anymore if I actually downloaded the components, I think not as there were like 20 which I was missing.

6. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Thanks for linking the mod. I will forward it on. I can confirm it does crash the mod manager so we will take care of it.

7. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

This bug was found and corrected in builds higher than 682