Can't sign up for Nordschleife Endurance

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by justposted, Aug 16, 2021.

1. justposted

justposted Registered

Signing up for Competition System series is always a bit hit and miss for me, but I've always got there in the end previously. Nords Endurance is resisting my efforts though.

Every time I start rF2 it installs cs_nordschleife_1108 (or says it is), but presumably something is going wrong because it does it again every time and I can't sign up.

Not sure if related, but I also get an error message about missing virtual cmp (see image) for a few other tracks when I start up.

Any suggestions as to what I might try? I've rebooted/restarted multiple times, verified game cache in Steam, deleted everything that looks non-official and any duplicates in ...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations and in desperation deleted everything from ...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages (assuming it will reinstall anything that is needed).

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

two of those are free tracks, but the Azur is a DLC. I'm assuming you already have it. All 3 of the tracks have been updated past those versions. I'd look for mods that are using those outdated track versions and un-install them.

justposted likes this.
  3. justposted

justposted Registered

Okay, thanks Dave. That did the trick in terms of Nordschleife at least. I can now sign up, though there are some mods/packages that are still failing to install whenever I start up.

For the benefit of anyone else who ends up here ...

1. Uninstalled all of the 'Local' packages (all the ones that would let me, at least) from the Content/Packages page in rF2. Took a long time, but at least it's cleared out all the random packages that a thousand failed multiplayer server joins had left me with!
    2. Closed rF2 and unsubscribed from the old Competition System entries in Workshop. Just housekeeping really.
    3. Verified files in Steam. Then again, to be sure.
    4. Reinstalled Better_UI, as uninstalling all the local packages messed it up and rF2 wouldn't start.

After that, I could sign up successfully. I saw a bunch of packages/mods with GT3 names that looked like the official ones, so I suspect that was the issue.